About Our Studio
We are a small-but-mighty team of game dev veterans from some of your favorite indie and AAA hits. Now we’re focused on building a brand-new, sustainable studio where we can use our experience to do the best work of our careers.
We are recently founded and looking for collaborators who will have an outsized impact on the game we are building, as well as the studio itself.
About Our Project
We are building a first person, single-player, science-fiction adventure in Unreal Engine 5. It’s an original IP, driven by exploration and rich narrative.
- Work with Leadership to determine project priorities and implement schedule accordingly
- Set and implement a vision for team workflow and collaboration
- Facilitate team discussions, stand-ups, build reviews, and other team-wide meetings as necessary.
- Engage team members 1:1 to identify and remove barriers to success
- Act as point of contact for relevant external partners
- Support Head of Operations with hours and task tracking for budget/payroll
Required Skills or Experience
- 3+ years in management/leadership roles, or similar proven experience
- Expert familiarity with a production suite of your choice (eg: Jira)
- Clear communicator; you are able to organize and present data very well
- Experienced with interview and hiring processes
- Independent and motivated - you are always looking to create excitement and drive progress for yourself and the team at large
Nice-to-have Skills or Experience
- Experience in a small team setting, with plans to grow
- Proven experience shipping software or video game products
- Prior experience with Perforce, Unreal Engine
- Hands-on experience with game engines as a programmer, artist, or designer.
- Familiarity with programs such as SR&ED, OIDMTC, Ontario Creates
Work Culture + Expectations
- We are a fully remote studio, with travel opportunities for events and/or team summits. Travel is optional for most roles.
- We are distributed across North American time zones. Expect flexible work hours, prioritizing asynchronous communication, with meetings during shared core hours.
- Anyone able to legally work in the USA or Canada may be considered. As an Ontario-based organization, those working from within Ontario are especially encouraged to apply.
- Our language of communication is English. Fluency in written and spoken English will be important for you to fully participate in workplace discussions.
- We value diverse experiences and opinions. We are actively and continually working on nurturing an environment of confidence, maturity, and mutual respect.
- We are generally seeking full-time roles, but we are open to other arrangements based on your preferences and circumstances. Please indicate when applying if you are interested in discussing alternatives to full-time work.
We believe in wellness as a key to our success. Here’s how we are striving to achieve this:
- Extended Health Benefits (Dental, Vision, Mental Health Support and more) active on your first day of work
- Competitive vacation, sick leave and sabbatical policy
- Flexible hours
As our team grows, we will continuously re-evaluate how we meet the needs of our team and modify our benefits offering as needed. We invite everyone in our team to give us feedback on how we can ensure wellness is a pillar of our employee’s experience.
A Note on Qualifications
Even if you feel like you don’t fit every criteria listed, or think that you might be under-qualified based on the description, please don’t self-reject. We know that many talented folks, particularly people from marginalized or non-traditional backgrounds, are more likely to self-reject if they don’t fit all of the criteria perfectly. If you’re excited about the role and know your own strengths and weaknesses, then we want to hear from you! We strive to create a culture where we can grow alongside each other, so we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match the job description.
How to Apply
Send us an email with your resume and cover letter (optional, but appreciated) with the subject line: "Senior Producer".