We’re looking for a Mid-Senior Development Producer to join our team here at Akupara Games to manage the technical side of our development and publishing projects. The Development Producer will manage all aspects of our catalog’s game development production process including but not limited to: team management, project tracking, budget and schedule monitoring, and product deliverables. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the development process in the games industry including: pipelines, timelines, organizational methods, and structure.
- Experienced (3+ years) in the game industry and comfortable navigating creative and technical requirements.
- Experienced in the development pipeline for console, PC and mobile.
- Experienced with the porting process from PC to other platforms, including console, mobile, and VR
- Accurate when gauging development timelines and capable of triaging tasks accordingly.
- A leader who delegates tasks, solves roadblocks, and oversees progress.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining client relationships from the initial pitch to the final deliverable.
- Comfortable managing external teams for localization and development
- A spreadsheet master: you live for budgets and track everything with impeccable detail.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator, comfortable communicating with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Goal-oriented and an expert at time-management and balancing multiple projects.
- Experienced working with remote teams.
- Willing and able to do research on cutting edge technologies
- An expert in at least one project management platform, such as Jira, Asana, or Trello
- Experienced in game distribution and marketing pipelines for publishing.
- Basic familiarity with Unity
- Experienced with Agile development
- Located in Los Angeles, California
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and website/portfolio (if applicable) via email with the subject line: Mid-Senior Development Producer.
Akupara Games is a (mostly) Los Angeles-based collective of game industry veterans with extensive experience in development for games, alongside young rising stars of the field. Together, we temper experience with forward-thinking vision, allowing us to be on the forefront of industry trends and opportunities while maintaining a strong respect for the history and process of getting games made.
We specialize in development using Unity, with a strong mix of Unreal Engine 4, GameMaker Studio, and even some light VR, AR, mobile, and app development. We are experts in porting and developing across all current gen consoles, and are among the pioneers of bleeding-edge and proprietary hardware. Akupara Games provides development support services for creatives looking to bring their visions to life, co-develops and co-finances projects we believe in, publishes award-winning indie titles from development teams across the world, and creates our own original IP.
As a fully remote company, we proudly boast employees and clients from across the globe!
- Retention – Akupara strives to build long term relationships with our employees, contractors, developers and partners.
- Collaborative Vision-Building – The company involves stakeholders in helping to drive the overall vision and direction of the company. This includes opening up brainstorming documents for feedback, voting on priorities, and having the team give feedback when considering projects to sign.
- Ownership – People should feel as though they have ownership over their work, as well as a stake in the company. We trust in our team to be experts in their fields and to drive the overall vision of their department.
- Visible LGBTQ+, minority, female-identifying, marginalized group focused – We actively support organizations, initiatives and projects that support marginalized groups. We operate under a moral compass of inclusion and compassion and actively seek out diverse candidates for roles. Additionally, we look to highlight these groups in the games we create and publish.
- Improvement and Accountability – Akupara encourages and supports regular assessment of the work that we do, and collaboratively problem solves where we can improve.
- Access to Information – Akupara values documentation and ease of access to information, including practices, pipelines and resources. This is not only true for internal usage – we also share these resources with other developers, publishers and students, including giving industry talks, writing informative blogs, curating and distributing an event calendar and providing free 1-on-1 consultation services.
- Growth Opportunities – It is important that people feel that there is the opportunity to grow in their positions. This can be in the form of more senior or managerial roles/titles, which in turn are tied to wage increases. This can also be in the form of taking on more projects, more hours, or more types of tasks outside their immediate purview.
Akupara Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment or freelance contract without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.