About the position:
35 hours a week: we consider 35 hours full time and is our maximum. US and Canada based candidates slightly preferred for business reasons (taxes, etc) but others welcome to apply. We will be accepting applications for the position until July 15th.
Currently paid 30 USD per hour.
📢 This position is eligible for becoming a Worker Member of Amelore, with equal ownership of the company.
- Communicate effectively with other team members from every discipline
- Break down problems and estimate timelines based on the scale of the problem
- Debug code by eliminating potential causes and using debugger tools
- Write performant code, improving existing systems and writing new ones from scratch
- 1 year experience in Unreal
- 1 year experience writing software in C++
- Experience with version control
- Comfortable jumping into foreign codebases and following trails to quickly get up to speed
- Experience with shaders or other graphics related programming
Nice To Have
- Any level of experience with Unity
- DevOps experience: build systems, perforce, other production tool automation
- After 6 months of being an employee you have the opportunity to become a full coop member, with voting rights on all major issues, and equal ownership of the company
- For members, equitable profit share at the end of every year based on hours worked
- Open salary structure
- Healthy work/life balance, avoiding crunch
- Partial health insurance premium reimbursement
- Flexibility in work hours, fully remote
- 25 PTO days a year + other standard US holidays
We’re a small worker cooperative founded to create cool art in a healthy and sustainable way, with the goal of making the world a little better. Fully owned by the workers, we develop Slappyball as well as take on contract work as needed. We’re in the early phases of brainstorming ideas for our next big project.
Become the volleyball player of your dreams: Except you are a walking human hand, also you are playing Slappyball instead.