Opportunity for a Capture Artist & Video Editor to take a step into the exciting video game industry. Develop your skills while learning from senior colleagues and work directly with our studios.
Working at Amplifier
We have been hard at work finding and investing in some of the most talented startup teams in the game development industry since 2015. We invest in game studios, developers, and their designs to support them in becoming creatively and financially successful by producing great game experiences.
As a part of our international team you will find a high level of respect, plenty of challenges to spark individual and team growth, open communication and trust. We all love what we do and make sure we have fun along the way!
About the Role
Our Marketing & Publishing Department is growing rapidly, and we are currently offering an excellent opportunity to join a team dedicated to supporting market- and publishing efforts for our studios.
This is an early career position for a technical Capture Artist & Video Editor where you will work closely with and be mentored by our talented Creative Lead. You will be a part of the Marketing & Publishing Department and report to the Head of Marketing & Publishing. The position could either be on-site in Stockholm or, depending on the profile, remote. This role requires traveling.
The In-game Capture Artist & Video Editor will be responsible for supporting all our studios to capture various and beautiful in-game materials for our trailers/video creations.
- You will team up with the Marketing & Publishing team to promote our portfolio through high quality in-engine captures and global video editing.
- You will bring your global expertise and request new in-engine tools as needed, to provide the best relevant video assets to our audiences on different platforms.
- You will actively give your insight to aid in the creation of high-quality trailers or video posts through your captures.
- You will work closely with our multiple game development studios and communicate a lot with them.
- You will need to travel often and stay in different studios for a couple of day to weeks, to establish a good relationship with all teams on both a technical and human level.
- You will ensure that every material created or captured is entirely in line with our studios’ artistic direction and visual identity. You will also frequently share work in progress-materials with game development studios.
- You will be open to the game development studios’ processes and capture high-quality footage in order to support all our studios, and maintain excellent global in-game footage quality in our video/trailers.
What we like to see in a candidate
- You have at least one experience in a similar role within a big or mid-size video/trailer agency, big or mid-size video game publishing company or a game development studio. This could be an internship experience.
- You understand that diversity is paramount to any video game success.
- You have editing skills/experience in tools like Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
- You have experience in cinematic storytelling
- You have experience capturing games in-engine
- You are patient and tenacious, willing to do the same take, over and over until it’s perfect
- You are innovative and creative, always imagining new ways to capture the game
- You are passionate about current film, TV and video game trends
- You love games, and you want to bring your passion for supporting all our studios
- You are eager to learn and grow every day
- You have a sustainable and long-term mindset
- You are team-oriented and always base your decisions and actions on what’s best for our studios, our teams and IPs
- You are efficient, proactive and reliable when working remotely
- You are able to travel often and stay with our different game development studios for periods of time
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
We believe a diverse team is a success factor and are continuously working strategically with Diversity & Inclusion. Our ambition is to contribute to a people-centric approach to the gaming industry, making it a humane and sustainable career choice.
We have been hard at work finding and investing in some of the most talented startup teams in the game development industry since 2015. With the help of our experienced team, we believe that we have found a unique way to help our studios grow and reach their vision.
To better support our partner studios in their development journey we are gradually expanding our team. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Our Workplace & Culture
We strive to enable life-long, healthy careers in the wonderful world of games. We put people, with their emotions, dreams, ideas and needs, first.
Our ambition is to contribute to a people-centric approach to the gaming industry, making it a humane and sustainable career choice.
Some of us work from our Stockholm office overlooking the beautiful view from Söder Mälarstrand, and some of us work remotely. What we all do is stay connected, support each other and work together to find creative, innovative and inclusive solutions to challenges.
Our Core Values
- Human First
We strive to enable life-long, healthy careers in game development, understanding that we develop people and teams, not games. We put people, with their emotions, dreams, fears and needs, first.
Our ambition is to bring a people-centric approach to game development, making it a humane and sustainable career choice.
- Being Brave
We strive to act bravely in all we do, understanding that we must embrace potential setbacks on the road to success. We choose to stand up for ourselves and others, to speak up when others are silent.
Our ambition is to help more developers to reach their full potential.
- Trust in Collaboration
We strive to build long-term relationships based on open and respectful communication. We believe that people are stronger together and that successful teams are built on honesty, transparency and trust. We firmly believe that everyone always wants to add value and do their best.
Our ambition is to help build effective and inclusive teams, where collaboration is based on mutual respect and trust.
- Sharing Knowledge
We believe that a culture of sharing knowledge, experiences, and connections empowers people to learn and grow. Our commitment goes beyond our own partner studios. We strive to contribute to the global game development community by freely offering advice to developers, and collaborating with industry organizations and educational institutions.
Our ambition is to help shape a more generous and inclusive game industry.
Amplifier Game Invest AB is located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our international team works out of France, UK, Spain and US, though and from multiple more locations in Sweden.