We’re looking for an experienced game artist who can take Star Stuff to the finish line. Ideally, this person has a high amount of technical knowledge & a good understanding of the game art pipeline in Unity.
- Complete all final set assembly, dressing, and polishing
- Modify and create scene lighting
- Lead the team in identifying new ways to incorporate technology with art in order to increase efficiency
- Own the technical budget of the assets in our game and ensure that we maintain stability and performance on our target platforms
- Attend weekly meetings with the team to review progress and provide feedback
- Experience working in the gaming industry as an Art Director or Lead Artist
- Strong technical knowledge (asset production pipeline, materials, understanding of rendering pipelines)
- Experience creating a game in Unity
- Experience guiding creative and engine-efficient art solutions for visual problems
- Capacity to be self-critical and responsive, and to iterate based on feedback from teammates
- Able to proactively self-organize, self-motivate, and prioritize work
- Great communication skills
- Highly collaborative in a remote setting
- Experience creating VFX
- Experience creating, modifying shaders
- Experience working in an indie studio
- Experience managing contractor relationships (Artist Support and Animation)
Other useful information
- Location: Remote only
- Our game is being built with Unity for Mac, PC, Nintendo Switch
Please provide a link to your portfolio in an email addressed to Sylvia. We look forward to hearing from you!
We’re a small team building games that encourage players to develop curiosity, learn from mistakes, & explore big ideas. Currently working on Star Stuff, a coding puzzler that takes place in a star factory.
Star Stuff is a cosmic puzzle adventure about a young alien's first day at a star factory. Play as Mija, a bright-eyed engineer, as you explore thoughtful levels, code your own bots, and save the ever-expanding universe!