Chrono is an exciting, fast-paced startup that is building a new platform to deliver incredible value to content creators through commerce. We’re looking for a passionate technical leader who is excited about our brand new platform, Nexus.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Chrono you will be designing, developing, maintaining, and deploying mission critical systems for the Nexus platform. You will work closely with a talented team of engineers, designers, and product managers to ensure our platform can meet the needs of content creators at scale. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across and significantly impact many different backend and frontend systems.
We put content creators first at Chrono. We believe that creators deserve the ability to earn a living by pursuing and sharing their passion for gaming with their audiences. Through Nexus we partner with creators to provide an authentic, on-brand, ad-free storefront where they can sell the games they love.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy systems, applications, toolkits, and utilities w/ a focus on scalability, reliability, security, and usability
- Work closely w/ Engineering and Product stakeholders to define technical requirements
- Contribute to and improve coding best practices, documentation, and standards
- Build user-facing tools for both rich web applications and command-line interfaces
- Design data systems and automation pipelines to increase Engineering efficiency
- Collaborate effectively in a remote-first environment
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers on the team
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering and releasing scaled web products
- Hands-on experience building end-to-end systems and services from the backend to the frontend
- Proficiency w/ both SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Redis, etc)
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience w/ e-commerce, payments, and fraud detection
- Experience using cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience w/ application containerization like Docker, Kubernetes, or Docker Swarm
- Experience working on and analyzing high-traffic, responsive web sites and applications
- Proficiency building RESTful APIs on Node.JS
- Passion for content creators
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of the creators and communities we serve, where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe that by building a more diverse and inclusive workplace, we not only become a positive force in the world, but also build a stronger company and platform.
We offer awesome benefits such as:
- Employee stock options in an exciting venture-backed startup
- Remote work options (within the United States) and flexible schedules / time off
- 100% employee covered medical plan (80% for families)
- Life insurance, flexible spending accounts, & more
- Lots of free games
- Weekly team lunch
- Weekly gaming sessions with the entire team
Don’t worry if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed above. We aim to hire teammates that share our values and can both make immediate contributions as well as learn and grow along with us. We can’t wait to meet you.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your résumé or LinkedIn
- Are you currently playing any games? If so, which one(s)?
- What’s your favorite video game?
- Do you have a favorite content creator? If so, who?
- Why are you interested in working w/ us?
- A link to any open-source projects you may have contributed to, or a GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket profile if you have one (not required)