Coatsink is looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Games Tester. The position is open to remote candidates who, initially, will be working from home. The successful candidate would also be required to work from our offices in the North East of England once it is safe to do so.
As a Senior Games Tester at Coatsink, you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day testing of titles in development. This role requires a proactive individual who can communicate with their QA team to direct testers to specific areas. You must also work closely with production to assess the testing needs of each title and work with the QA Manager to ensure those needs are met. You will be required to document information and create test plans to be run by the team. In addition to this, you should be experienced and confident in creating daily reports for the title, as well as conducting day-to-day testing.
Sound fun? If you’re up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Testing of titles as designated.
- Leading the testing of a title in accordance with production demands.
- Creating efficient bug reports and clear, concise reproduction steps for developers.
- Having a deep knowledge of the bug database and status of the project.
- Creating and running of test plans, as well as reviewing created test plans.
- Effective communication with all departments regard the status of builds.
- Knowledge of platform SDKs and software used in the process of testing on various platforms.
- Knowledge of and testing Compliance issues.
- Documentation of all required QA processes, as well as titles as and when required.
- Working with production and QA Manager to improve current testing procedures
- Working directly with developers regarding issues and providing support.
- Creation of reports for build sign-offs.
- Assistance with training of junior staff when required
- Ability to work in or relocate to Sunderland, UK
- Experience working with different platforms and their SDKs
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong eye for detail
- Experience developing test plans and documentation
- Ability to plan out and direct testing
- Keen to learn
- Ability to work in both small and large teams
- Good computer literacy skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and new problems
- Strong passion for playing video games across a wide variety of genres
- Lead tester experience on a released title
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Some Unity knowledge or experience
- Experience working with development software and hardware
- Compliance testing experience on major platforms
- Experience working with VR projects
- Relevant university degree
- Experience working in an Agile environment
What we can provide
- A relaxed working environment with a casual dress code
- Experience working with cutting-edge technology
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Travel pass scheme
- A CV is required
- A cover letter is required