We are looking for a Full Time Senior 3D Environment Artist to create the backgrounds, layouts and environments for our games and applications.
- Modeling and texturing elements
- Liaising with the Art Director and Lead Artist regarding the layout and style of environments within the film or game
- Working from storyboards and concept art to develop environments
- Researching references and resources for creation of backdrops
- Creating prototypes and mock-ups in the early stages of production
- Working with the enhancement of the player experience in mind
- Collaborating with designers and programmers to implement the features of a game
- Mapping out scenery elements and props that help drive the story of the game
- Understanding and working within the limits of the game engine so that it doesn’t impede the game experience
- Advising on design of landscapes in relation to game levels
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong artistic and storytelling ability.
- Familiarity with the game development pipeline
- Strong knowledge of geography, architecture and the laws of physics
- Training and hands-on experience in 3D modeling and sculpting
- High-level drawing skills
- Skilled in recreating photorealistic landscapes
- Solid understanding of visual language - texture, color, dimension, scale, perspective, lighting, shade, composition depth of field, proportion, etc
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Receptive to constructive criticism, and delivering changes as directed
- Ability to imagine expansive worlds that characters and objects can interact and move around in
- Must be eligible to work in United States
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
Preference to Applicants With
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in level art/architectural modeling
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – lighting, VFX, or concept.
- Experience with Unity game engine
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote
Decoy Games is a video game company founded by two brothers, who had no prior professional game development experience. They used their deep passion for video games and extensive imagination to start building Decoy Games. Today, Decoy Games is a multi-award winning game company focused on creating unique game experiences, merchandise and content while also using their platform to encourage innovation across all aspects of the game industry.
At Decoy Games we strive to be a symbol of inclusion, diversity and inspiration to all who aspire to be a part of the game industry. We make it our mission to ensure that this is reflected in our team and the products we create. We have taken great pride in creating several platforms for people around the world in all communities to learn about and engage in the world of gaming.
Swimsanity! is a multiplayer underwater shooter with action-packed Co-Op and Versus game modes, all supported by online and local play. You play as our hero Mooba, who uses a variety of unique power ups and weapons to survive in this aquatic world.
Whether you're teaming up with friends to swim into Adventure mode, or clashing in competitive matches such as Last Mooba Standing, there's more than 150+ challenges to complete across 8 action-packed Game Modes in Swimsanity! All modes can be played online or locally.