Double Loop Games is looking for a Contract Puzzle Level Designer to help create levels for a new, original mobile game.
WHO WE ARE
We are a venture-backed, women-led mobile game start-up focused on making delightful, relaxing experiences for the biggest audience in games: people who don’t think of themselves as gamers.
We're building an environment that's transparent, respectful, and family-friendly. Our current team is in California, but we're happy to work with people remotely anywhere in the Americas. Diverse candidates encouraged. Kindness expected.
WHO DO WE WANT
Double Loop Games is looking for an experienced mobile games Puzzle Level Designer to help create puzzle levels for our new, original game. The ideal candidate has a wealth of experience creating, testing, tuning and balancing F2P puzzle levels in one of the following genres: Match-3, Blast, Merge, or possibly Bubble Shooter. They should showcase a track record of high quality work and enthusiasm for their craft.
HUGE PLUSSES INCLUDE:
- A love of relaxing, delightful gameplay, and beautiful worlds filled with both outdoor spaces and intimate village life.
- A strong desire to step outside of your comfort zone and learn new things.
- Use our custom tool to create a limited campaign of high-quality, fun, well-tuned puzzle levels using and combining our mechanics in fresh ways.
- Spearhead internal puzzle level playtesting and incorporate feedback to tune levels before they are launched.
- Showcase excellent communication, asset planning, and task costing
- Ability to integrate and finalize work in-engine
- 2+ years industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing F2P mobile puzzles you have designed and launched
- Ability to iterate quickly
- Experience with source control
- Experience creating puzzles in a game engine
- Experience with using playtest feedback and live player data to re-tune puzzles
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Conscientious and self-motivated
THE FOLLOWING ARE A PLUS, BUT NOT NECESSARY
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with Github
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
- Full-time contract role, part-time also considered
- Interesting, highly original work in a small, supportive and well-funded start-up led by industry veterans
- Flexible working arrangements. Work from home wherever you may be as long as you have a reasonable number of overlapping hours with the pacific time zone (+/- 3 hours for this role) and fast, reliable internet connection
Please send your full resume, references, and anything else you think we should see to email@example.com. Candidates should also be prepared for a design test, if necessary.