Double Loop Games is looking for a UI Artist to help set the look of a new, original free-to-play mobile game.
WHO WE ARE
We are a venture-backed mobile game start-up led by two female industry veterans focused on making delightful, relaxing experiences for the biggest audience in games: people who don’t think of themselves as gamers.
We're building an environment that's transparent, respectful, and family-friendly. Our current team is in California, but we're happy to work with people remotely anywhere in the Americas. Diverse candidates encouraged. Kindness expected.
WHO DO WE WANT
Double Loop Games is looking for an experienced mobile games UI artist to help shape the visual design and user experience for our new, original game. The ideal candidate has a wealth of experience working with teams of all sizes, both internal and external. They should showcase a track record of high quality work and enthusiasm for their craft.
HUGE PLUSSES INCLUDE:
- A love of relaxing, delightful gameplay, and beautiful worlds filled with both outdoor spaces and intimate village life.
- A strong desire to step outside of your comfort zone and learn new things.
- Create high quality, appealing UI artwork, from wireframe to polished UI
- Creatively design wireframes and flows to provide an ideal user experience
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the UI/UX pipeline and ability to work within it
- Use a strong understanding of brand to curate the brand for a new title
- Showcase excellent communication, asset planning, and task costing
- Use your talents to help solve visual problems alongside designers and engineers
- Ability to help review artwork and integrate it into engine
- 5+ years industry experience
- Strong understanding and portfolio of mobile game UI/UX
- Ability to iterate quickly
- Strong understanding of Photoshop, Illustator, Unity
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Conscientious and self-motivated
THE FOLLOWING ARE A PLUS, BUT NOT NECESSARY
- Knowledge of Unity's animation tools and processes
- Knowledge of Unity's VFX tools and processes
- Experience working with external artists or companies
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
- Full-time role with benefits
- Interesting, highly original work in a small, supportive and well-funded start-up led by two female industry veterans
- Flexible working arrangements. Work from home wherever you may be as long as you have a reasonable number of overlapping hours with the pacific time zone (+/- 3 hours for this role) and fast, reliable internet connection
Please send your full resume, references, and anything else you think we should see to email@example.com. Candidates should also be prepared for an art test, if necessary.