Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10k through Kickstarter, Exploding Kittens’ campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and the company has sold over 11 million games.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s founder Matt Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games recreates game night for a humorous and fun person-to-person experience. Today, there are seven games available for purchase: Exploding Kittens, Bears vs Babies, You’ve Got Crabs, Throw Throw Burrito, Throw Throw Burrito: Extreme, On a Scale of One to T-Rex, and Poetry for Neanderthals, as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS and Android.
Exploding Kittens is seeking to hire a full-time Vice President, Digital Gaming to join our fast-paced and growing team. As the Company seeks to expand its digital lines of business, this is an executive role in which you will lead the strategy and execution of digital gaming and online experiences. In this role, you will work closely with the Company’s founders and senior management to bring Exploding Kittens’ premium IP into the digital world and out to the passionate Exploding Kittens fanbase. You will be responsible for helping create fun and novel experiences that embody the spirit of Exploding Kittens games.
- Define and execute Exploding Kittens’ digital gaming strategy in partnership with the founders and senior management
- Leverage Exploding Kittens’ premium IP to ideate, prototype, and develop new digital gaming concepts across all digital platforms and across all monetization strategies
- Work with internal teams as well as with third party developers, studios, and publishers to bring internal concepts through development and out to market
- Execute on various internally developed “skunkworks” online experiences, and bring them to market quickly and as needed
- Own and manage third party developer, studio, and publisher relationships and actively seek out new opportunities and partnerships
- Manage and continue to expand our existing mobile and digital products
- Understand trends and developments in the mobile market
- Oversee game lifecycle management, including live ops strategy with a focus on the key areas of paid user acquisition/performance marketing, game data analytics, and monetization/retention
- Develop and execute on a hiring and growth plan for the digital team and oversee daily operations of the digital team
- Oversee the digital P&L including P&L creation, management, and budgeting for the department
- Demonstrated experience as a key stakeholder in overseeing the successful development and launch of digital gaming products
- 5 plus years of experience as a General Manager or Development Director at a video game company, mobile experience preferred
- Ability to drive creative strategies, think outside the box, produce original ideas, and bring them to life
- Well versed in game and product development best practices including milestone planning and schedule management
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing a digital gaming team
- Appetite for working in a fast-paced, diverse, and entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, and exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Based in Los Angeles (though currently WFH until 2021)
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Executive coaching program
- Monthly wellness benefit + complimentary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens. Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.