At Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, we raise funds and awareness for local children’s hospitals across North America. We believe that by changing kids’ health we can change the future. To meet these ambitious goals, we develop international partnerships and fundraising programs to raise the critical funds hospitals need to provide state-of-the-art medical care for kids. As a member of our team, you’ll play a significant role in helping 10 million sick and injured kids every year.
The Director, Community Experience is responsible for soliciting, engaging and stewarding key communities in the mission of CMN Hospitals through our various fundraising programs and campaigns – with a strong emphasis on the gaming community and our Extra Life fundraising program.
This position will spend their time leveraging technologies and tools to create, track and evaluate the community experience provided by CMN Hospitals. This individual’s efforts will work closely with other members of the Community Experience team to deepen brand affinity, engagement, loyalty and support of CMN Hospitals.
The Essential Work You Will Do
- Track messaging touchpoints and manage existing moments of engagement that align with the organization’s customer intimate approach to how we manage donors, advocates and communities throughout the network.
- Develop communication, engagement and stewardship strategies for pre-identified CMN Hospital focus communities. Efforts should result in increasing the community’s understanding of CMN Hospitals, drive additional annual support and increase retention rates across the network.
- Work collaboratively with the Programs and Community Operations Teams to leverage product, industry and consumer trends to identify and design new moments of engagement to maximize the community’s growth and support.
Other Work You May Do
- Provide guidance to the VP, Community Experience on industry best practices, new community management tools and technology, and other related topics.
- Represent the organization as an industry thought leader by actively participating in both internal and external conferences & speaking engagements.
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience and/or in combination with a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- You show willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- You possess a natural interest and passion for the gaming industry, culture and community.
- You have a positive attitude, enjoy working hard and seek out rewarding challenges.
- You are an authentic, honest and ethical person of integrity as evidenced by how they live day to day.
- You enjoy networking and building rapport with a wide range of communities and audiences.
- You demonstrate high-level analytical thinking—proactively identifying key areas of opportunity and improvement in engagement strategies and developing communication to execute against them.
- You have strong writing and communication skills across various communication channels – including but not limited to email, SMS messaging, and various social media.
- You work as a team player and the willingness to participate in a culture that allows for creativity and positive working relationships.
The Extra Life and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals teams are in Salt Lake City, UT but this position is open to remote candidates.