Five Mics Studios is building “Five Mics,” a digital hip-hop trading card game (think Hearthstone, but with rappers not dragons).
We’re looking for a Back-end Unity Game Developer to work closely with our lead developer to write, maintain, test, and debug the back-end of our Five Mics game, building new features, implementing updates, etc. We are in our early stages as a studio and are looking for someone that is eager to jump into something brand new, hit the ground running, and build something huge that’s never been seen before.
The role is hybrid and based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Prototyping, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and card game mechanics using Unity
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code
- Optimize and debug the game to ensure smooth performance
- Collaborate with design, art, and writing team to incorporate high-quality features and game experiences
- Excellent knowledge of Unity and C#
- Understanding of common software design techniques
- Clean and clear coding etiquette
- Game developer experience (e.g. built and shipped game in the past)
- Great attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, debugging and optimization skills
- Solid experience in playing and/or creating trading card games
- Love hip-hop music and culture
- Résumé / CV
- Portfolio (any game project examples you’ve worked on, either independently or in a team)