Five Mics Studios is building “Five Mics,” a digital hip-hop trading card game (think Hearthstone, but with rappers not dragons).
We’re looking for a UI/UX Game Designer to develop wireframes, documentation, prototypes, and UI/UX design for Five Mics to enhance the game’s accessibility, juice, and stickiness. We are in our early stages as a studio and are looking for someone that is eager to jump into something brand new, hit the ground running, and build something huge that’s never been seen before.
The role is hybrid and based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Conceptualize, implement, and maintain gameplay systems that achieve a fulfilling flow state, addictive game loops, and a risk/reward balance
- Lead UI/UX design across multiple workstreams, focusing on the interaction design and player flows for these areas
- Develop data-informed vision and design rationale to inform design decisions
- Create and maintain appropriate UI/UX design documents for the team (e.g., discovery/ research results, journey maps, wireframes, mockups, etc.) that details the triggers, interactions, and subsequent events of specific features or aspects of gameplay
- Solid industry experience, having led significant portions of the UX of at least two shipped game titles or major releases of consumer-facing digital products
- Excellent knowledge of Unity and C#
- Experience designing interfaces on PC and Mobile, with strong understanding of interaction modalities across controller, keyboard, mouse, and fingers
- High-level UI/UX prototyping skills, using interactive design tools
- Experience designing both in-game and meta-level UI/UX systems
- Comfortable planning and estimating UX effort for projects
- Comfortable switching between design strategy and design execution
- Solid experience in playing and/or creating trading card games
- Love hip-hop music and culture
- Résumé / CV
- Portfolio (any game project examples you’ve worked on, either independently or in a team)