Would you like to work on visually impressive games? Do you enjoy creating interesting 3D assets from a concept to a finished asset? If you answered “Yes!”, you probably want to keep reading!
We are currently looking for a talented 3D asset artist to join our team. You can also apply for a trainee asset artist position, if you feel you might have what it takes, but don’t yet have much experience. The position is fixed term for one year, but we hope we can possibly discuss long-term plans with a motivated and talented applicant at the end of the fixed-term contract.
Send your application to email@example.com – remember to include a cover letter, CV and a portfolio that you can say you’re proud of.
We recommend reading our 3D Asset Workflow guide to get a better understanding of how we work and what type of material we wish to see on your portfolio.
- Portfolio that shows your potential with examples of the 3D assets you have made
- Strong visual eye for colors and designing appealing forms
- Solid understanding of 3D asset workflows and optimization
- Able to create requested 3D assets using your own imagination combined with the reference images (we don’t have separate concept artists so each asset artist can create their own concepts)
- Able to independently create assets starting from the idea and concept and ending with the finished, textured lowpoly game model
- Willing to work in cooperation with other Asset Artists and Level Artists in order to create game assets for their needs
Advantages when applying:
- Experience with the programs we use: Zbrush, Modo, Substance Painter, Photoshop
- Background in 2D art
- Interest or experience in our in house game editor (newest version is available with the Steam version of Shadwen, older versions available with the Steam versions of the Trine games)
- Experience in a previous game production
As 3D asset artist you would get:
- To create unique assets with the following workflow: collecting reference images, concepting (for example a 2D sketch or quick 3D sculpt), sculpting, retopo, UVs, baking, texturing, importing the model to the game editor
- An opportunity to work with both existing and new Frozenbyte IPs
- To realize your visions and strongly influence on how the game worlds will look like
- Getting to work on world-class games with awesome co-workers!
- Flexible work hours
- Possibility to get breakfast, lunch and snacks prepared by our professional catering, so you don’t have to concentrate on anything else than your work
- Occupational healthcare
- Office sauna, moving van and other perks
- Additional sweets every Friday by the “Candy Cart” (Karkkikärry)
Personality and motivation are the most important things we are looking for in our applicants. If you are interested, please apply now!