GOLF+ has given people a new way to connect in VR, and we’re just getting started. We’re working hard to add new courses, new game modes, and new social features to make connecting with other players much more fun and rewarding. We are looking for a quality 3D Environment Artist who is passionate about our mission and willing to own a piece of the game.
What you will achieve
- You will model and texture in-game assets for use in a top VR experience.
- You will build large immersive worlds that engage a loyal and growing customer base.
- You will increase your expertise in various areas of art production and technique.
- You will resolve reported bugs and optimize content to ensure quality and performance.
- You will recreate real world locations in virtual reality.
- You will help design and create original environments and props.
You'll need to bring
- Game Art Production: You’re a pro when it comes to modeling and texturing assets for real time applications. With a good understanding of technical constraints and art pipelines related to hard surface and organic modeling for games.
- Artistic Eye: You must provide a portfolio that demonstrates foundational art principals such as composition, color theory, proportion, scale etc. applied to individual assets and larger worlds. Emphasis on natural outdoor environments.
- Education: You have completed a relevant degree and possess the necessary skillset to use modern tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Game Engine Experience: Comfortable with Unity game engine and the tools for importing assets, assembling prefabs, and set dressing. Experience with particle systems, shaders, and animation pipelines a plus.
- Modeling: You've mastered core modeling fundamentals and have applied these concepts to produce organic and hard surface models. Preference for examples of realistically textured lower poly outdoor assets such as vegetation, structural buildings, and smaller hardsurface props.
- Motivation and Drive: You're excited about the product and desire to create content that is the best possible representation of the provided concepts.
- Thoughtful production: You begin with a clear understanding of the context before diving into solving a problem. You can break down large projects into smaller milestones for efficient short and long term production.
- Flexibility and responsiveness: Technology evolves fast and you are willing to adapt to new methods and techniques when they improve on the existing pipeline. You do not let failed prototypes or ideas negatively impact future iterations, and are quick to pivot to new ideas or processes.
- Ship at scale: You understand that each deployment of the game goes out to hundreds of thousands of players and each of them expects a certain level of quality from our game. You are comfortable with taking quick action in case of an issue in the live game and working with the rest of the team to implement a fix.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about our mission and the impact of what you build in support of it. You can see the big picture and are able to prioritize the tasks that matter most to the mission.
- Collaborative and communicative: You work well independently, respond quickly, and can stay organized when collaborating in large projects with a lot of content. You communicate ideas clearly, and ask questions if unclear on tasks or solutions. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed. When deadlines get close and tensions are high, you don’t allow the situation to affect your teamwork.
- Bonuses: VR/ Quest experience. Golf Enthusiast. Experience with particle systems, shader building, water systems, lighting and baking, rigging and animation experience, photogrammetry experience, atmospheric effects etc.
- Autodesk Maya, Blender or other 3D package.
- Unity Engine
- Speedtree Modeler
- Adobe Photoshop & Substance Suite (Painter, Designer, Sampler)
- Other content creation tools considered such as Mari, Quixel Suite, etc.
- Version control such as Github
At GOLF+ we’re obsessed with bringing the joy of golf to as many people as possible. Whether you’ve been playing since you were a kid, like our cofounders, or are just getting started, we’re committed to enhancing your experience through the use of immersive technology, while staying true to the sport. We consider ourselves pioneers in the space and strongly encourage new ideas and experimentation. We’re constantly trying to push the limits and many of our ideas fail, which is totally fine. Moving fast and trying new things is par for the course. If you love tech and golf then this is the perfect place for you!
Perks & Benefits
We strive to provide our employees and their families a highly competitive, innovative, and inclusive benefits experience that attracts the best talent from diverse backgrounds. Thoughtfully designed, these benefits aim to help you enjoy your time at GOLF+ while giving you the peace of mind you need for your current and future well being. Additionally, we practice what we preach by growing the game of golf with the offering of various golf focused perks.
- Time off
GOLF+ offers flexible paid time off in addition to 7 government holidays. Our goal it to make sure you have the time off that you need for your health and wellbeing.
- Parental Leave
We know how important the first few weeks are after welcoming a new addition to your family. We offer biological, adoptive, and foster parent paid time off to ensure you can spend quality time with your family during such times.
We offer competitive medical and dental insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Retirement planning
GOLF+ makes it easy to save money for retirement by providing our employees with a 401k plan.
- Remote Work
Although we are headquartered in Austin, TX, GOLF+ has embraced remote work wholeheartedly. The only commute you will need to worry about in the morning is the one to your desk at home.
- Golf stipend
We take our mission seriously. The best place to start growing the game of golf is among ourselves therefore we offer a yearly stipend for golf lessons and equipment. If you are joining us without ever having played golf, have no fear because you’ll have all the help you need to get started!
GOLF+ is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. GOLF+ considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. GOLF+ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.