GOLF+ has given people a new way to connect and play the game of golf, and we’re just getting started. We’re working hard to add new courses, new game modes, and new social features to make connecting with other players much more fun and rewarding. We are looking for a gameplay engineer who is passionate about our mission and willing to own a piece of the game. If you like the idea of working on the cutting edge of technology, this role is for you.
What you will achieve
- You take the lead on directing and implementing solutions to significantly complex, unscoped problems.
- Your work will extend to many parts of a domain, and may begin to influence your entire department or domain.
- You will align your work with GOLF+ business and engineering priorities to realize meaningful impact and ensure we’re working on valuable features (you know when to push back on product requests).
- You will work on new features from initial ideation to launch and analytics reporting as part of our gameplay team. You will have a big say in the direction of the game.
- You’ll ensure new features run smoothly and performantly.
- You will resolve reported bugs and may interact directly with players to collect more information about the issues.
- You will improve existing features in the game.
- You will work with our backend team to plan out required services for new features.
Skills you'll need to bring
- Game development experience: You’re a pro when it comes to C# and Unity and have contributed heavily to a few games in the past. You understand how a game communicates with a server especially when it comes to multiplayer networking. You know how to profile a game and track down performance issues.
- Thoughtful problem solving: You begin with a clear understanding of the context before diving into solving the problem. You can break down complex problems and effectively define a concise plan to solve them.
- Ship at scale: You understand that each deployment of the game goes out to hundreds of thousands of players and each of them expects a certain level of quality from our game. You are comfortable with taking quick action in case of an issue in the live game and working with the rest of the team to implement a fix.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about our mission and the impact of what you build in support of it. You’re not just running after solving the shiny cool next thing but rather can see the big picture and are able to prioritize the tasks that matter most to the mission.
- Care for our players: You think through how new features can impact real people playing our game. You want to help our players who run into problems and sometimes work directly with them to solve those problems.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you’re not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Empathetic in communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you’re explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed. When deadlines get close and tensions are high, you don’t allow the situation to affect your teamwork.
Nice to haves
At GOLF+ we’re obsessed with bringing the joy of golf to as many people as possible. Whether you’ve been playing since you were a kid, like our cofounders, or are just getting started, we’re committed to enhancing your experience through the use of immersive technology, while staying true to the sport. We consider ourselves pioneers in the space and strongly encourage new ideas and experimentation. We’re constantly trying to push the limits and many of our ideas fail, which is totally fine. Moving fast and trying new things is par for the course. If you love tech and golf then this is the perfect place for you!
Perks & Benefits
We strive to provide our employees and their families a highly competitive, innovative, and inclusive benefits experience that attracts the best talent from diverse backgrounds. Thoughtfully designed, these benefits aim to help you enjoy your time at GOLF+ while giving you the peace of mind you need for your current and future well being. Additionally, we practice what we preach by growing the game of golf with the offering of various golf focused perks.
- Time off
GOLF+ offers flexible paid time off in addition to 7 government holidays. Our goal it to make sure you have the time off that you need for your health and wellbeing.
- Parental Leave
We know how important the first few weeks are after welcoming a new addition to your family. We offer biological, adoptive, and foster parent paid time off to ensure you can spend quality time with your family during such times.
We offer competitive medical and dental insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Retirement planning
GOLF+ makes it easy to save money for retirement by providing our employees with a 401k plan.
- Remote Work
Although we are headquartered in Austin, TX, GOLF+ has embraced remote work wholeheartedly. The only commute you will need to worry about in the morning is the one to your desk at home.
- Golf stipend
We take our mission seriously. The best place to start growing the game of golf is among ourselves therefore we offer a yearly stipend for golf lessons and equipment. If you are joining us without ever having played golf, have no fear because you’ll have all the help you need to get started!
GOLF+ is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. GOLF+ considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. GOLF+ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.