Harmonix is looking for a music-passionate UI Artist to join our team for a full-time position at our studio in Boston, MA, starting ASAP.
Harmonix game menu systems are rich graphic experiences employing cutting-edge motion graphics, typography, illustration, 3D animation, lighting and special effects. The role of a UI Artist doesn't stop at the menu system; it also influences the over-arching art direction of a game including box art, promotional materials, and beyond.
- Create engaging graphics and animations with solid user interface design
- Ability to create clear, organized wireframe concepts in service UI/UX flow exploration
- Collaborate on a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to implement in Unreal
- Able to develop in multiple engine types; able to drive toolset improvements and present feedback to tool developers
- Research, learn and share new technology and production techniques with the UI art team
- Represent and promote the intended art direction through collaboration with Engineering and Design
- Watch and find inspiration from the latest examples of motion graphics in games as well as film, advertising and fine art
- Passionate about electronic, hip hop and pop music – musicians/DJs/emcees preferred!
- Professional experience in User Interface design and Motion Graphics
- Familiarity with Unreal and Unity engines
- 3 years game industry experience
- BFA from accredited Art or Design college
- Minimum of 1 game shipped as UI / Game Shell artist
- Strong portfolio of graphic work, typography, animation and drawings
- Basic 3D modeling and animation skills
- Extensive experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Typography and Illustration skills
- Great sense of modern visual styles
- Outstanding conceptual art ability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and superior people skills to work in a creative and positive manner with the team
- Understanding of when to sacrifice quantity or quality to adhere to schedules and milestone deliveries
- Ability and willingness to create games that do not follow traditional game-art styles
SAMPLE WORK REQUIRED
- An online portfolio that is kept up to date is the best reference for Harmonix
- Please include an explanation of your work: what you were responsible for, what tools were used, etc.
Harmonix is an incredible place to work, buzzing with passionate and talented game developers that have made the company a breeding ground for awesomeness. We have a creatively charged and collaborative work environment, and it shows in our employees’ enthusiasm.
Harmonix has been named one of the Top 100 Places to Work in Boston by The Boston Globe in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2016, and 2017.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including outstanding health insurance, 401(k) with company match, a profit-sharing bonus plan, and much more.
We create critically acclaimed, blockbuster franchises that define music and motion gaming. Join our team to help design the fun of the future.
Our desire is to build and cultivate an inclusive environment that brings together a diverse workforce with unique experiences, backgrounds, talents, and perspectives by developing and facilitating programs that enable Harmonix to meet the needs of an increasingly global and diverse set of players.
Harmonix is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/AAP
Harmonix is committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest interactive music experiences in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.