Hololabs is developing a new mobile experience called Sky Haven, an alternate reality adventure that features a compelling mystery about the discovery of hidden sky creatures supported by popular merge puzzle mechanics and immersive AR.
We are looking for a versatile game developer with experience in Unity3D to help develop this game, and future projects featuring location-based gameplay, AR/VR, and even theme park attractions.
- Build core game systems for upcoming location-based AR games
- Prototype game mechanics, including: camera-based navigation, procedural placement of AR content, management of different camera views / UIs, character interactions, behaviour trees, mini puzzles, scoring and leveling systems, player progression, etc.
- Integrate 3D assets from the artistic team, create character controls and navigation
- Integrate 2D art, build user interfaces, puzzles, menus, and dialogue screens
- Create documentation for the above systems
- Test the game regularly, provide analysis and feedback
Skills / Requirements
- Be organized, self-motivated, with strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Have intimate knowledge of Unity3D
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in C#: knowledge of typical design patterns, MVC, coroutines, events, delegates, singletons, etc.
- Understand general game programming concepts: 3D math, colliders, physics, character controllers, GUI, navmesh, particle systems, shaders, cameras, etc.
- Familiarity with version control (Git)
- Be creative with an interest in design (everyone at Hololabs can contribute)
- Have an interest in speculative science fiction, role playing games, and augmented reality
- Have experience developing a social free-to-play game
- Have an interest in UX design, simplicity, and elegance
- Be able to self-manage, work in an agile environment, and track progress
- Be informed of the game industry (particularly mobile games) and business trends
- Be able to "wear many hats" if you have other skills, including: game design, music, graphic design, etc.
While we fully support remote employment, we can only consider applicants legally eligible to work in Canada (Citizen or Permanent Resident). Furthermore, candidates must be willing to visit the office in Victoria, BC for on-site meetings from time to time. The ability to work on-site from time to time is also an asset, especially when developing location-based AR products, where outings with the team can be beneficial.
Founded in 2011 by researchers in intelligent systems and veterans from AAA gaming, _Hololabs_ fuses creative interaction design with advanced engineering to create stunningly rich but simple new media experiences. With a portfolio ranging from interactive physical installations to mobile games and virtual reality, the company has collaborated with many renowned artists, participated in a number of festivals and conferences, and has won international awards for its products.