Founded in 2005, iam8bit is a creative production emporium that has quietly redefined the entertainment industry, time and time again.
Collaborating with a plethora of partners and narrative-busting IPs, iam8bit punctuates the importance of engaging with fans directly. By creating the videogame industry's very first community events, the company injected the idea of experiential immersion into game and film marketing (back when it was simply known as "theatre").
iam8bit also played a crucial role in the vinyl renaissance, minting its first record in 2010, and is the industry leader in premium physical editions of top-tier games.
In 2020, iam8bit evolved into financing and publishing games, with several yet-to-be-announced PC, console and tabletop games on the horizon under its iam8bit Presents imprint. The company is based in Los Angeles and co-owned by Jon M. Gibson and Amanda White.
- Self-starter and be able to work independently while contributing to overall department objectives
- Strong time management skills and follow-through
- Team-player with a positive attitude
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Working experience as Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller
This position will be an integral part of the accounting department with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Monthly schedule posting of prepaid expenses, assets depreciation and accrued liabilities.
- Support the preparation of Financial Statements with supporting batch reports: Monthly trend of Purchases, Sales, Freight Out, COG, G&A Expense Analysis Reports, Monthly Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Support, prepare and monitor month end and fiscal year close.
- Assist with financial statement, tax, and compliance audits
- Support cash management tasks, including accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R)
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work within Los Angeles
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Expert level skills in QuickBooks Enterprise accounting software in multiple entities environment
- Netsuite Experience required
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, Excel, databases, building complex spreadsheets, and comfortable using formulas (Pivot tables, macros, VLOOKUP’s, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and experience required
- Strong follow-through on all projects; ability to handle various projects in a fast-paced environment and bring projects to timely completion.
- GAAP: 5 years (Preferred)
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- 401(k) & 401(k) match
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
On-site in Los Angeles
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us an email with you resume and cover letter.
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 per year
iam8bit is a creative production company, retail shop and art gallery that conceives of, designs and executes awesome products and experiences for video games, pop culture brands & other stuff we dig.