**This position has been closed.**
IGN’s editorial team is made up of all kinds of people that share a common love of games, TV, movies, comics, tech, and all things geeky. We strongly encourage people of every race, gender, sexual orientation, and background to apply. Our team is seeking a new member who can show others how to be awesome at games via written strategy guides and videos.
What does that mean exactly?
- You’ll collaborate with a team to create detailed walkthroughs filled with screenshots you’ll take and maps you’ll make, all packaged with an eye towards clarity and accuracy of information, SEO, and mobile convenience.
- You'll play and capture games of all sorts to create video guides for tips you write, cheats, Easter eggs, and collectibles that you find. This sometimes includes audio commentary.
- You’ll work closely with freelancers to edit their work, plan strategy guide projects, and to use analytics and SEO tools to direct their work.
- You’ll promote game help content on IGN’s many platforms (IGN.com, YouTube, Snapchat etc.) with smart headlines and unique angles.
- Side quests include participating in the creation of all IGN content, including reviews, news, previews, and appearances on shows and podcasts.
What will get our attention?
- You have experience working SEO terms and phrases naturally into your work so it reads well for humans (and one very particular robot).
- You have published videos/streams showing off your game skills, preferably across different games and genres.
- You have experience with Adobe Premiere Pro or similar video editing software.
- You have the coolest personal organizational system out of anyone you know (and can apply to big strategy guide projects)
It would be extra awesome if…
- You have experience working with game developers and PR, and have industry contacts.
- You are part of a gaming community, whether it’s an MMO guild or nightly Fortnite meetup.
- You can demonstrate knowledge of and experience with a varied line-up of games, including in-depth knowledge of some of the most popular games on the market.
- You’re an IGN reader/watcher and active community member.
- You are comfortable and confident in sharing your opinions on camera. Every member of our content team is welcome to participate in video projects.