IGN is looking for a talented Video Producer with a love of entertainment and video games. This position is currently fully remote, but in future (and only when it is safe to do so) could be in our San Francisco or Los Angeles (Culver City) office. Experience working on web content for TV or Online Media preferred.
This is a Monday-Friday contract position through March 2021.
What will get you in the door?
- A reel demonstrating strength in premium and commercial video production
- Strong eye for shooting, producing, and editing
- Experience with professional cameras such as Sony FS7/FS5, Blackmagic URSA, etc.
- Experience lighting for interviews and/or scenes.
- 1-3 years of Post-Production experience.
- Adobe Premiere is required.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment
- A positive, problem-solving attitude
- Passion for IGN and video games, movies, television, and comics
- Supervise and execute remote/studio/location shoots for a monthly video production
- Work closely with IGN Editorial and game publisher client to concept, produce, and publish content that will resonate with our audience
- Identify and oversee additional production resource needs to execute desired production
- Ability to utilize basic techniques including applying graphics, titling, keying, audio filters, etc.
- Oversee aspects of editing, encoding, and publishing.
It would be extra awesome if you have…
- Knowledge of VMIX or other similar technical directing software.
- Experience executing pre-produced and live remote productions
- Experience developing and pitching original content in the games and entertainment space
- Experience producing video content in remote workflow scenarios
- A passion for video games
- Strong understanding of emerging web-video technologies.
- Understanding of Internet trends, SEO principles, etc.
- Done production at a TV or entertainment-centric company.
Here’s the good stuff about us…
- Live and breathe movies, TV and comics & games - we see secrets before the rest of the world
- Lots of opportunity to dream big and make things happen
- Open and casual work environment
Come geek out with us, but be prepared to work as hard as you play. It’s serious business, after all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.