Hi There! We are Kool2Play and we make meaningful pop games. You may have already heard about one of them, our challenging top-down shooter with rogue-lite flavor, Uragun.
This time however, we are looking for experienced and talented Game Designer that will work on our unannounced social multiplayer coop game. Our ideal candidate is passionate about games and their craft and has ambition to be a part of something big. Candidate should be capable of communicating with our coders and artists to determine the best solutions supporting game design within technical and scope restrictions of the project.
We work in an open-minded, professional, independent, responsible and kind culture, so self-motivation, independent drive, and excellent communication skills are a must.
We offer you a key position in our design team so together we can make games everyone is talking about!
What's your mission?
- Proactively defining and refining our game's Vision.
- Draft and present game design documentation, wireframes and prototypes.
- Design features and systems from concept to completion.
- Collaborate with all team disciplines, including artists, programmers, QA specialists and producers to get support from the team and together create best game that fulfills our Vision.
- Balance your design vision with input from your team to find practical solutions that achieve the intended player experience.
- Being able to identify and resolve technical issues and bugs.
- Improve designs based on playtest feedback, game metrics, team input and community feedback.]
What do we expect:
- At least 3 years of game design experience and 2 commercially shipped games (PC/Console), preferrably social/party/couch/online coop game.
- Curious mind that strives for excellence.
- Resourceful and self-reliant attitude.
- Open mind, kindness and eagerness to work with other designers and team members. Teamwork is a key!
- Ability to present complex ideas and systems in a simple and cohesive way.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to create detailed and clear documentation, understandable for your teammates.
Nice to have:
- Working experience with JIRA and online collaboration suites such as Confluence.
- Being comfortable with Unity enough to make own simple prototypes or scripts or animations.
What do we offer:
- Fantastic projects to work on.
- Experienced team that loves to share know how.
- Real influence on our games and organization.
- True challenges to solve with necessary tools and support to succeed.
- Autonomy and ownership.
- All standard perks and benefits. Except fruits. Tell us if you’d like some fruits!
- Cool office with beautiful green garden located in Warsaw, Poland.
- Attractive salary and employment form tailored to your liking (EUR 1500-2000 net monthly).
How to apply:
If you're a gun we're looking for, send your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.