At League of Geeks, we dedicate ourselves to crafting engaging game experiences with a unique charm and innovative gameplay. We’re currently looking to hire two candidates for the role of Associate Producer.
As an Associate Producer, you will be responsible for supporting the production team with the successful delivery of the assigned project, working across all areas of production and collaborating heavily with the project’s principal developers. You’ll partner with all departments, helping your project’s team members to do their best work and optimise their talents with a final goal of delivering upon the game’s ambitious commercial, critical, and cultural objectives. Through strategic planning and tactical diligence, you’ll keep game development on pace, ensuring your team is focusing on the right things, and pivot when need be. You'll essentially be assisting the day-to-day running of the ship and ensuring smooth piloting. The role of Associate Producer requires exceptional organisational and communication skills, requiring you to switch between emotional and mechanical mindsets rapidly and effectively, exemplifying LoG’s values under considerable pressure.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Demonstrable understanding of the video game development process and the personnel within it.
- A keen interest and curiosity for project management and production processes, frameworks and principles.
- A people-oriented approach with excellent communication, creative collaboration, motivation and teamwork skills driven by a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work to deadlines and maintain high performance levels within your peers, identifying the areas of improvement and where focus needs to be shifted to allow smooth progress and growth within your team.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills - both for yourself and supporting others.
- Knowledge across production tools (Atlassian, Google suite, etc) and agile methodology.
- Detail sensitivity, an eye for aesthetics and strong game design sensibilities.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Ability to work independently; managing time, task lists and workflow with ease.
As an Associate Producer here at League of Geeks, you will be responsible for:
- Performing various tasks as assigned by your lead producer.
- Assisting and facilitating the project principals in staying focused on discipline specific workload.
- Day to day management and line production of the assigned project - planning and follow-up of the development cycle.
- Anticipate and address potential problems like blockers, quality concerns, budget compromises and scope changes. Communicate immediately and effectively to ensure these problems are resolved quickly before they arise.
- Safeguard and champion quality, timeliness, and economical conservatism in the main areas of game development.
- Collaborate, facilitate and support the team in solving problems creatively, rapidly resolving issues across the development team.
- Bring-your-dog-to-work. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events, including monthly get-togethers.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send us an email with your cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work.
In your cover letter, in 250 words or less, please tell us what you’re excited to learn as an Associate Producer at League of Geeks.
- Base remuneration on offer (excluding benefits such as superannuation) is between $62k - $78k p.a AUD. Base remuneration is dependent on experience and expertise of the applicant.
- Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will be notifying successful applicants first. All unsuccessful candidates will be informed at the end of the hiring process, once the position is filled.
- We’ve temporarily transitioned to a hybrid working model. We plan on returning to studio in the next 12 months.
- This role can be held remotely or from our Melbourne studio. Relocation assistance is available for the perfect applicant.
- All interview stages will take place via video conference.
For general questions and inquiries, please get in touch with careers (at) leagueofgeeks (dot) com.
“Crafting inspiring videogames and enthralling worlds, with exceptional people.”
League of Geeks (you can call them LoG) is a “Triple-i” videogame development studio in Melbourne, Australia, most well-known for their seminal digital board game, Armello.
Torchbearers, trailblazers, tastemakers, rebels. This family of ambitious makers is united in their drive to endlessly evolve the craft and culture of videogames.
How We Work:
- Autonomy with Purpose
- We believe empowered teams make great games. Facilitation is not just lighting the way, but getting out of the way. We come together every day to craft exceptional videogames, served and supported by strong, compassionate and transparent leadership.
- The Three C's
- All of our videogames strive to achieve Critical, Cultural, and Commercial success in equal measures. We’re committed to crafting world-class experiences, that drive the medium forward, without sacrificing our creative independence and financial security.
- People Make Product
- Videogames are rad. Obviously. That’s why we’re here. You know what’s also great? A life fully lived, quality time with loved ones, health and happiness. Crafting world-class videogames need not sacrifice the most important things in life.
How We Hire:
We know your time is precious, so is ours. Getting to know people can be weird too. Real Weird. We have a transparent recruitment framework to ensure it’s as speedy and natural as possible.
- Confirmation Email. You’ll receive an email confirming you are being considered for the position and to arrange a Meet ‘n’ Greet.
- Meet 'n' Greet. The hiring manager and department lead will host an informal interview to say hi, discuss the role and LoG, as well as your application, ambitions and experience.
- Reference Checks. We’ll call a few folk and make sure you’re as awesome as you say (and we think) you are.
- Technical Interview. Next we'll dig into your skills and experience by asking you to present some stuff you're proud of to a handful of your future colleagues.
- Fireside Chat with LoG's Founders. This unscripted conversation is your opportunity to interview the company founders on just about anything you wish.
- Offer. If you’re successful in applying for the position, you'll be notified by phone and receive a formal offer via email.
Lead your crew on an adventure to the mythical Forever Star in Jumplight Odyssey! Gather survivors, repair and build out your starship, brave black holes, and fend off attacks, all while managing the daily soap opera of your colorful crew. With your home planet destroyed, it's up to you to keep Hope alive on this perilous dash for survival across the galaxy!
Prepare yourself for Solium Infernum, the grand strategy game of politics, intrigue and betrayal, set in the ultimate arena of Hell.
As a powerful fallen Archfiend, sinister overlords of the Infernal Kingdom of Hell, you are a contender for the Infernal Throne - the Great Dark Majesty is missing and the feverish Conclave demands a replacement declared. Command dread legions, enlist champion praetors, cast sinister rituals, and outplay your rivals to become Hell’s new Dark Majesty.
Armello is a grim fairy-tale board game come to life, with every match combining deep, tactical card play, rich tabletop strategy and RPG elements. Fight to become Armello's new ruler, if you dare.