LunchBox Entertainment is looking for a Concept Designer to join our team on a MOBA project to assist in the initial development stages. Responsibilities include designing environments, set pieces, props and VFX pre-visualization. A familiarity with 3D concept design workflows is highly preferred. Applicants should be self-motivated, efficient and have experience working on a team. This role is focused on collaborating directly with our Art Director and other team members to develop 2D/3D designs and 3D blockouts for the initial development stage of various game assets. Strong communication skills and openness to feedback are a must. All work will be remote.
What you'll get to do:
- Develop concept designs for environments, set pieces, props.
- Collaborate directly with our artistic Art Director to realize a distinct visual identity for the game.
- Assist in the 3D production pipeline by sometimes creating blockout models and paintovers of existing 3D assets.
- Assist in the VFX production pipeline by developing pre-visualization concepts for spells, abilities and other effects.
What we are looking for:
- Strong fundamentals in design & art principles.
- Quick, iteration friendly, 2D/3D design workflow.
- Familiarity with a range of game development programs and pipelines.
- Experience in environment, prop and VFX concept design.
- 2+ years of experience with any of the following: Maya/3DS/Blender.
- Experience in blocking out rough models of concepts to paint or draw-over and working with 3D files from other artists to create paintovers.
- Strong communication skills & receptiveness to feedback
Nice to haves:
- Experience creating hand-painted textures.
- Additional 3D skills such as sculpting and texturing.
- Enjoy playing RTS and MOBA games.
- Experience creating top-down environments.
- Experience working within Unity.
Please email your resume and any additional relevant experience to: email@example.com
We're also hiring an Art Director and UI/UX Artist. You can view (and share) all of our openings here.