LunchBox Entertainment is looking for a Senior Networking Programmer to implement non-gameplay networking for a server-authoritative game. Looking for a candidate who has used multiple different networking solutions. Responsibilities include, developing our networking infrastructure, planning networking fundamentals from different networking solutions, client/server development, lobby programming, and cloud server hosting services. Applicants should be self-motivated and have experience working on a team. All work will be remote.
What you'll get to do:
- Lead the design and planning of multiplayer infrastructure from networking solutions down to cloud server service integration.
- Develop backend networking solutions for the next generation of MOBA
- Find and optimize solutions for transporting data arrays
- Develop user authentication and matchmaking systems
- Develop a Lobby system
- Create Client / Server with a networking solution
- Lead the integration with BaaS providers such as AWS GameLift, or Azure PlayFab
What we are looking for:
- Networking experience on at least one commercial release of at least 10,000 sales
- Experience beyond implementing networking services like Photon.
- Individuals who are enthusiastic about networking architecture and technologies
- Experience with many facets of networking infrastructure who can make recommendations and decisions based on prior experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in the Unity Engine.
- Working experience with multiple networking solutions, such as Photon PUN and/or BOLT, Mirror, MLAPI, TNet, etc
- Networking for consoles.
- Experience working with BaaS’ such as Playfab and Amazon Web services.
- C# and gameplay programming.
Please email your resume, portfolio, and any additional relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org