Lunchbox Entertainment is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team on a MOBA project. Responsibilities include developing automated testing, QA team leadership, testing core features, documenting bugs and issue logs, and offering design feedback. This role is critical to our competitive MOBA being a successful live service game. This role is expected to work closely with the development teams to make sure the QA process is robust and well understood. Applicants should be self-motivated and have experience working on a team. All work will be remote. Main office hours are between 10am - 6pm EST.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Lunchbox, you will report to the Technical Director. You will set the test direction and standards to promote the vision of quality assurance within Lunchbox so that all players of our game have an awesome experience. You will solve unique problems that require an ability to evaluate, scope, and work on solutions. You will direct individual contributors or even small teams on specific work projects. You will develop multiple QA operations within Lunchbox. Your work on quality improvements will influence quality assurance practices across Lunchbox.
- Build on the test strategy and design for Sirocco
- Design and implement automated testing solutions
- Establish standards and best practices and guide their adoption.
- Recommend, implement and utilize technical testing tools
- Manage multiple quality operations.
- Set the tone and establish the process for testing on teams across the product.
- Identify and facilitate the understanding and management of quality risks.
- Create and maintain an environment of professional curiosity, promoting interest in testing and progress among QA members.
- Collaborate in the creation of custom testing functionality within Sirocco and its associated systems
- Drive teams to understand player concerns and desires and help find solutions.
- Establish metrics that matter, using data to guide action.
- Drive accountability for overall quality as an essential factor for decision making across product leadership.
- 6+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with multiple product successes.
- Experience with a variety of test automation approaches and experience applying that to develop test automation strategies.
- Experience implementing successful test strategies including test automation and tools.
- Experience defining and implementing test approaches as part of an overall test strategy.
- Experience coaching QA team members on test design, planning and execution.
- Experience driving continuous improvement processes within a team.
- Experience tasking remote teams and providing feedback on effectiveness.
Nice to Haves
- Development experience on PC.
- Development experience on other platforms; mobile, and console.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications: ISTQB Certified.