Moon Studios - award-winning creators of Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps - are looking for new team members! After redefining the Metroidvania genre with the Ori series, our next goal is to revolutionize the ARPG genre.
We encourage great engineers (graphics, AI, UI, tools, gameplay, etc.) to apply!
Join us and help us create some of the best games the industry has ever seen, and work with some of the most talented individuals in the world!
Please note that Moon Studios is a distributed development studio: Everyone at Moon works remotely and we accept job applications from participants all over the world!
We're looking for:
- Individuals who can work autonomously - We don't count your hours, we won't micromanage you. Your job is to enchant us with your raw talent and professionalism!
- Individuals who want to have a voice - Unhappy with the current state of the industry? Every person at Moon Studios has a voice and can help shape the games we're making.
- Individuals who believe in collaboration - We work together as a team challenging the status quo and raising the bar!
- Individuals who want to grow - Contrary to other AAA studios, our goal is to remain a comparatively small studio made of elite talent. We strive to only hire the absolute best talent in the industry and encourage them to further grow their skills with us. Tired of being the smartest in the room? Join our community, inspire us, and be inspired!
- Since Moon Studios is a distributed game development studio, we work with talent from all around the world. To keep things personal and foster communication, we hold annual Team Retreats to touch base and figure out what challenges we want to tackle next.
We want you to be:
- A Designer by heart: While playing games, you just intuitively know how to improve upon the weaker aspects of a title. You indulge in analyzing things that don’t quite work and love to think about how this or that aspect could have been perfected.
- Experienced: You've worked in the industry before and know the ropes. You're looking for a studio to call home where you can voice your opinions and work with the best talent this industry has to offer!
- Passionate: You’ve played and studied RPGs your whole life and you still can’t get enough of them. You have a love for all things Diablo, Zelda, Dark Souls and other games in the genre. You’d love the opportunity to work on an RPG that dares to innovate and go far beyond what the genre has offered players thus far.
- Open to new challenges: We're constantly striving to raise the bar here at Moon Studios. We're not looking for specialists in one field or genre, we want you to be open to help wherever help is needed and be the well-rounded multi-talented creative genius you are.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Moon Studios:
We are a globally distributed development studio. At Moon Studios, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Moon Studios is an independent video game development studio, founded in 2010 by **Thomas Mahler** (former Cinematic Artist at Blizzard Entertainment) and **Gennadiy Korol** (former Senior Graphics Engineer at Animation Lab). The company mainly focuses on highly refined gameplay mechanics within its products and prides itself on an excessive ‘iterative polish’ process. Moon Studios is a distributed development house: All team members are spread throughout the world, allowing Moon to work with the best and most talented people in the games industry. In 2011, Moon Studios partnered with Microsoft to develop **Ori and the Will of the Wisps**.
The forest of Nibel is dying. After a powerful storm sets a series of devastating events in motion, Ori must journey to find courage and confront a dark nemesis to save the forest of Nibel. “Ori and the Blind Forest” tells the tale of a young orphan destined for heroics, through a visually stunning Action-Platformer crafted by Moon Studios. Featuring hand-painted artwork, meticulously animated character performance, a fully orchestrated score and dozens of new features in the Definitive Edition, “Ori and the Blind Forest” explores a deeply emotional story about love and sacrifice, and the hope that exists in us all.
The little spirit Ori is no stranger to peril, but when a fateful flight puts the owlet Ku in harm’s way, it will take more than bravery to bring a family back together, heal a broken land, and discover Ori’s true destiny. From the creators of the acclaimed action-platformer Ori and the Blind Forest comes the highly anticipated sequel. Embark on an all-new adventure in a vast world filled with new friends and foes that come to life in stunning, hand-painted artwork. Set to a fully orchestrated original score, Ori and the Will of the Wisps continues the Moon Studios tradition of tightly crafted platforming action and deeply emotional storytelling.