We are Morning Crescent, a new fully-remote indie video game company, working on our first title, Deicide. It is a semi-stylized boss rush game with a twist on the Ancient Egyptian gods. We are looking for a talented 3D Character/Creature Artist proficient in modeling and texturing to bring these characters to life on either a full time or contract basis
- Work closely with the Art Director to produce high quality characters/creatures and props/weapons for them based on the concept art and feedback provided.
- Follow the project's artistic direction, and ensure unified look and consistent quality.
- Create clean game topology, UVs, bakes and textures.
- Implement game assets, including unique engine-material setup such as shaders.
- Collaborate with the rigger/animator to ensure that characters deform and animate well.
- Collaborate with other artists and team members to find the best solutions to all major technical and/or creative challenges facing the art team.
- +2 Years of experience in a comparable role.
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating proficiency as a 3D character/creature artist for video games.
- Knowledge of the latest industry-standard tools, workflows, and techniques.
- Great understanding of the workflow required to create an asset from provided concept art to final game ready model.
- Expert knowledge of both Hard surface and Organic modeling.
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, proportions, silhouette, clothing and materials.
- Experience with addressing feedback and working with a team.
- Experience with hand painted textures is a plus.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience with 3d environment game art is a huge plus
- Experience with rigging and 3d animation
- Flexible working hours with a 4 day work week
- Fully remote work
- Competitive salary and profit sharing
- Very inclusive and welcoming environment
- Small and friendly team
To apply, please send us an email with your CV/résumé and your portfolio.
Born from a love of video games, we are a fully remote, international, small indie company based out of Kuwait. We strive to create games with unique mechanics and engaging gameplay. Our company is built around a player first mentality. That means only releasing games when they are ready and with no predatory microtransactions. Furthermore, as we are a small team, we understand the issues prevalent in the gaming industry. As such, we provide many benefits to our employees, such as no-crunch assurances, paid days offs + public holidays, and profit incentives on top of a competitive salary.