As part of the development of our structure and our next unannounced game, Motion Twin is looking for an experienced Marketing Director with a strong interest in the independent action video game market.
This person will work closely with the development team to understand our product features and design Motion Twin's long-term marketing strategy to determine the best ways to promote our next and future games.
Due to our unique structure, our goal is also to find our next partner: it will therefore be necessary to go beyond your role and be interested in everything around the job: other aspects of the game, business strategy... be able to express yourself on a multitude of subjects that go beyond your core areas of expertise, and show initiative and autonomy, no matter what the field.
Missions and responsibilities
- Define and implement Motion Twin's overall marketing strategy.
- Research, identify, analyze, benchmark the market to provide a roadmap and innovative marketing solutions for the strategy of our next game until launch.
- Be interested in market trends, put yourself in the place of rogue-lite and action game players to understand their expectations, and help the development team identify the main risks or problems that would impact the final quality of the game.
- Strengthen our relationships with our key partners and subcontractors with whom we work.
- Link and follow up on communication (social networks, marketing assets, community management, QA and localization) for the next game.
- Link and follow up on the marketing of the Dead Cells game with our various content and distribution partners (DLCs, mobile, distribution...)
- Travel to trade shows, meet, interface and create opportunities with key commercial players in the video game industry.
- Be interested in and take a position on subjects beyond marketing (organization, business strategy, etc.)
Required skills / Experiences
- You have at least 5 years of experience in video game marketing.
- You have knowledge and interest in the video game industry, particularly in rogue-lite and action games.
- You have experience building and leading marketing teams. The ability to lead and coordinate various marketing departments to orchestrate the business strategy.
- You have experience in collaborating with various development partners: publisher, platform, creative team and development of a finished production.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- You are comfortable with communication, including public speaking
- You speak French or would like to learn it
- You have already experienced the development of innovative marketing strategies in which you have seen ideas succeed, fail, and have learned from these experiences
- You know how to conduct public alphas/betas, early access and other phased releases.
- You have strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, commercial analysis and data-driven decision-making skills.
- You have the desire to join a small team and take on the marketing and image responsibility of our organization.
- You have the ability to work independently and as a team.
- You are organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a player, especially of fast-paced action games where combat is central.
- You are self-sufficient, communicative and proactive.
- You are curious and like to learn new skills that may be outside your field.
- You have a constructive critical spirit about your own work and that of others.
Compensation and Benefits
- Permanent full-time position (35h/week)
- Possibility of requesting partner status after one year (equality with other partners for salary, voting rights at assemblies and for the distribution of bonuses in case of profits)
- Location: on site in Bordeaux, or telecommuting possible (part-time or 100%) from Metropolitan France. If you are currently located elsewhere: possible relocation assistance AND/OR possible 6-month telecommuting period from your current location (terms to be confirmed together).
- Meal vouchers (Swile bank card provided and possibility of payment via mobile)
- Work-related materials provided: office equipment, computer equipment (PC/Mac, portable/desktop) and recreational equipment (video games, controllers, etc.)
- 100% covered health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Profit sharing & Profit participation (after 3 months worked in our company)
- Salary maintenance in case of sick leave
- Salary maintenance in case of family emergencies (up to 10 days per year)
Motion Twin is a cooperative company based in Bordeaux (France) since 2001. Its vocation is the design and development of video games, the latest of which is Dead Cells (Best Action Game - Game Awards 2018).
Motion Twin is currently made up of 7 partners who oversee all aspects of the games developed, beyond their simple technical role. Each partner has a strong impact on the direction of the projects, but also on the direction the company takes. Any new person joining us can eventually apply for the status to share decisions and their consequences, risks and rewards.
We don't have a boss. We're all equal and we wanted that to show, both in the way our games are made and in the way we organise ourselves. So we chose to create a cooperative company. Everyone has a say and we all take home the same salary.
21 years. That's a long time in the indie game space, but we've got no intention of stopping now. Our small team makes one game at a time. We've made over 150 games ranging from one week game jams to year long behemoths. Titles like; My Brute, Die2Nite and Mush, that was us.
No boring days. We make games to fulfill ourselves and be happy when we go to work every morning. We love the feeling of booting up a new game for the first time. It's the same feeling we get when we start a new project. We live and breath this stuff.
Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania action-platformer. You'll explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle... assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers in 2D souls-lite combat. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat.