We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer to build gameplay mechanics and systems that power our games. The game we are currently focusing on combines physical gameplay, modular design and shooting in VR.
Why work at Myr?
- Remote friendly: Our team is spread across different continents and is fully remote.
- Stock options: Build our future together.
- Games allowance: Like you, we love games. Take a day off when your favorite game is coming out, better yet, let us gift it to you.
- Unlimited time off: we don't tend to think in allotted time off days. You can take as much time off as the circumstance warrants.
- Create various gaming components for VR game.
- Creating tools to enhance and power gameplay.
- Write clean, robust, reusable code.
- Debug, optimize and maintain existing code.
- Understand the game design and create technical designs.
- Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards.
- Work closely with other team members on programming issues and concepts.
- Regular playtests and feedback so we get to experience our game first hand and see what's fun and what isn't and what needs fixing.
- Minimum 3 years of programming experience in games.
- Good understanding of Unity editor scripting.
- Should have worked on multiple games and experienced full lifecycle project delivery including one VR game.
- Possess excellent programming skills in Unity3D development using C#.
- Should have good understanding of design patterns like Entity - Component model / Data-Oriented Model and MVC pattern.
- Basic Understanding of the Graphics Pipeline, Shaders, 3D Maths.
- Have clear understanding of various protocols like HTTP.
- Proven experience in working on an online game that has a large user-base.
- Experience with multiplayer game development.
Myr is a games studio focused on building fun, physical multiplayer VR games. We are an indie, fully remote team, spread all across the world, from USA to Australia. Find out more about us through our blog and check out the game we have been working on. If you have been working in the games industry, you'd fit right in.
Some of our values:
- Build something that's first-and-foremost fun to most people in the team. Then make it fun for even more people.
- Playtest everything, all the time.
- Believe something can be done better? Build it and let people playtest.
Build your own weapons and abilities in our new multiplayer VR FPS, Shootout!