Myr is a game studio started by veteran Social VR devs working in the industry since 2014. Social VR has been focusing more on building a platform and not enough on building great games. We hope to build these great experiences first. We are a small and fully remote team of designers, artists and engineers based in US, Europe, Asia and Australia. You can read more about us on our blog.
We are looking for a Senior Environment and Props Artist to join us on an unannounced game and bring concepts and design into production. The game we are building combines physical gameplay, modular design and shooting in VR.
Why work at Myr?
- Remote friendly: Our team is spread across different continents and is fully remote.
- Stock options: Build our future together.
- Games allowance: Like you, we love games. Take a day off when your favorite game is coming out, better yet, let us gift it to you.
- Unlimited time off: We don't tend to think in terms of allotted days off. You can take as much time off as the circumstances demand
- Working directly with founders, concept artists and gameplay programmers for environment art production.
- Setting up and lighting scenes in Unity.
- Creating art assets including modelling, texturing, LOD creation, etc.
- Build out lore with a focus on high detail environment design that is also performative.
- Building and implementing Art budgets targeting devices such as Oculus Quest 2, and PSVR.
- Help define art production pipelines and work in conjunction with toolkits team.
- Budgeting and building optimized assets targeting Oculus Quest 2.
- 3-5 years experience as an Environment Artist.
- Hands on experience with Unity.
- High proficiency with Photoshop, Maya or 3DS Max.
- Understanding of asset optimization techniques in a shipped product.
- Experience working in Environment for VR.
- Proficiency with Shaders and Particle Effects.
- Experience and/or passion for low poly, painted textures art styles (made famous by games like Valorant and Overwatch).
Myr is a games studio focused on building fun, physical multiplayer VR games. Our team comprises people who previously built Poker VR, one of the pioneering social apps in VR. We are a small fully remote team, spread all across the world, from USA to Australia.
If you have been working in the games industry, you'd fit right in. Some of our values:
- Build something that's first-and-foremost fun to most people in the team. Then make it fun for even more people.
- Playtest everything, all the time.
- Focus on fun, and repeatedly ask, was this fun? Why or why not? How can we make it more fun?
- Believe something can be done better? Build it and let people playtest.
- Build toolkits for things that are going to be used on more than one project.
We're currently hiring a Senior Environment Artist, Gameplay Engineer, and Toolkits Engineer. Click here to view (and share) all of our available roles.