Myr is a game studio started by veteran Social VR devs working in the industry since 2014. Social VR has been focusing more on building a platform and not enough on building great games. We hope to build these great experiences first. We are a small and fully remote team of designers, artists and engineers based in NA, Europe, Asia and Australia. You can read more about us on our blog and check out the game we have been working on.
We are looking for a Toolkits Engineer to build tools that power all our experiences. You will be working on things such as physics system, architecture, graphics pipeline amongst many others. The game we are currently focusing on combines physical gameplay, modular design and shooting in VR.
Why work at Myr?
- Remote friendly: Our team is spread across different continents and is fully remote.
- Stock options: Build our future together.
- Games allowance: Like you, we love games. Take a day off when your favorite game is coming out, better yet, let us gift it to you.
- Unlimited time off: we don't tend to think in allotted time off days. You can take as much time off as the circumstance warrants.
- Develop and maintain a toolkit that would be used to implement various gameplay mechanics, Interactions and Locomotion in VR
- Develop and maintain a toolkit that makes authoring content for VR faster in an optimized way.
- Write efficient and optimized code.
- Design and implement game architecture.
- Collaborating with gameplay to identify their needs, guiding and supporting content creators.
- Be a voice and present your ideas and thoughts regarding any aspect of the game.
- Regular playtests and feedback so we get to experience our game first hand and see what's fun and what isn't and what needs fixing.
- 3~5 years experience of making games in Unity.
- Strong understanding of VR-specific gameplay mechanics, interactions and locomotion etc.
- Contributed to the development of game architecture in various capacities.
- Experience with Unity Editor scripting.
- Experience developing tools and plugins for Unity Editor.
- Experience with multiplayer game development.
- Experience with performance and profiling in Unity.
Myr is a games studio focused on building fun, physical multiplayer VR games. We are an indie, fully remote team, spread all across the world, from USA to Australia. Find out more about us through our blog and check out the game we have been working on. If you have been working in the games industry, you'd fit right in.
Some of our values:
- Build something that's first-and-foremost fun to most people in the team. Then make it fun for even more people.
- Playtest everything, all the time.
- Believe something can be done better? Build it and let people playtest.
Build your own weapons and abilities in our new multiplayer VR FPS, Shootout!