Nexus is looking for our next passionate and customer-obsessed team member to continue building out the Nexus platform, bringing together video gaming publishers, content creators, and players in new and meaningful ways.
As an Account Manager, you will support our Developer Relations team and coordinate with all of the other teams at Nexus in order to guarantee the success of our developer customers. As the first Account Manager on the team you will also be able to shape the role and develop and iterate on the processes the team uses. In this role you will have the opportunity to have a direct and significant impact on the future of content creators and publishers in the gaming industry.
- Manage our portfolio of new and existing business partners, helping them achieve long-term success with Nexus
- Assist in closing new sales and accelerate growth by creating and executing an effective product onboarding process for new business partners
- Build relationships with developer and publisher partners to become a trusted advisor, understand customer needs, and partner in developing highly effective creator strategies
- Work directly with CEO to develop and manage a scalable sales process in order to close new accounts, nurture existing accounts, and maintain exceptional levels of customer satisfaction
- Collaborate internally across teams to help develop and prioritize customer feedback and needs
- Team up with the Creator Partnerships team to develop creative ways (events, promotions, etc.) for our creator and publisher partners to work together
Skills you’ll develop and experience you’ll gain
- Build a network across the full spectrum of gaming publishers, developers, and creators
- As our first Account Manager, you will establish the foundation for building a successful and customer-centric sales process. You will have a significant influence on shaping this role and function at Nexus.
- Opportunities to travel to gaming conventions and industry events
- Flex your organizational and project management skills in order to effectively manage an exciting and diverse pipeline of gaming partners
Ideal person for this role
- 2+ years of professional experience in account management
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience building, maintaining, and nurturing a sales pipeline
- Ability to effectively prioritize inputs from many stakeholders
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional startup environment where you will have the chance to take initiative and help shape the future of Nexus
- Passion for video games
- Experience working with video game publishers and/or developers
- Experience establishing and working with CRM and sales pipeline tools
What to expect when working at Nexus
- Drive Nexus’ mission to build a platform that provides new and meaningful opportunities for creators to earn and get credit for their impact on the gaming industry
- You will work with a nimble, tight-knit, action-oriented team that is quick to respond to new ideas, challenges, and customer needs
- Ownership in an exciting & growing early-stage startup
- Remote-first work culture with flexible work hours & locations
- Company sponsored Friday-lunch
Interested? Send us an email with:
- Your résumé or LinkedIn
- Why are you interested in working with us?
We put creators first. We believe in maximizing creator benefit in every decision we make as we build Nexus. Whether it’s in the way we build our relationships with publishers or the shared interest we have in creator success, we think we can deliver incredible value to creators in a way that gaming ecommerce never has.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of the creators and communities we serve, where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.
We believe that by building a more diverse and inclusive workplace, we not only become a positive force in the world, but also build a stronger company and platform.
- Equity. Employee stock options in an exciting venture-backed startup
- Flexibility. Remote work options and flexible schedules / time off
- Health. 100% employee covered medical plan (80% for families)
- Support. Life insurance, flexible spending accounts, & more
- Gaming. Weekly gaming sessions with the team plus lots of free games
- Food & Drink. Enjoy a meal on us every Friday, in person or remote
Don’t worry if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for a job. We aim to hire teammates that share our values and can both make immediate contributions as well as learn and grow along with us.