**This position has been closed.**
We are looking for a narrative designer to join our team. You will be responsible for working as the glue between the design and writing teams, leveraging game mechanics to tell amazing stories. A successful candidate should have a passion for interactive storytelling, and a deep understanding of design.
- Available for an 18-month contract, full-time
- Receptive to critique and feedback
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively
- Self-starter willing to find solutions and ask questions when needed
- Attention to detail and a desire to make excellent narrative games
- Fluent in English
- Work with the design team to create mechanics that are not only fun and engaging, but have storytelling potential
- Work with the writing team to define structural and functional requirements for our interactive narrative
- Find ways to use all of our mechanics and game systems as storytelling devices.
- Implementing story scenes into the engine using proprietary tools
- Prototyping levels using standard greyboxing tools
- Assisting with and owning various level designs
Skills & requirements:
- Three or more shipped games as a narrative designer.
- Experience bringing narrative to life using high-level scripting tools
- Strong game design and communication skills
- Strong sense of scene pacing and cinematography
- Familiarity with programming and logic concepts
- Experience working in Unity
- Ability to bring diverse perspectives and personal experiences to our team.
- Experience in C# or C++
- 3D Modeling experience
- Drawing skills
- Experience in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
NOTE: This is a remote position that requires access to a work computer. If interested, please apply via email@example.com.