We are looking for a talented, driven, and passionate generalist engineer to help us build new narrative games. We want someone who is not only an excellent coder with both breadth and depth of technical skills, but who also understands game design and its relationship to the code. A qualified candidate is great at implementing robust and performant code to create world-class player experiences.
- Generalist engineer with a holistic view of game development
- Willing and able to jump into all kinds of programming and technical tasks
- Have a passion for building interesting and effective gameplay systems
- Driven to write intuitive, maintainable, and robust code
- Receptive to critique and feedback, and able to provide thoughtful critique in return
- Able to intuit the intent of a design and translate that into code
- Self-starter willing to find solutions and ask questions when needed
- Have a particular attention to detail when it comes to player or user experience
- Fluent in English
- Plan for and implement game systems and tools for any and all Night School projects.
- Use forward-thinking and problem-solving to write code that is exceptionally elegant, extensible, and optimized.
- Maintain our codebases by testing, analyzing, debugging, and optimizing.
- Work closely with peers and leadership to develop features that are of a cohesive technical and creative vision.
- Learn new skills, tools, and workflows on the fly to adapt to the ever-changing environment of software development.
- Clearly communicate specifications of features and tools to the rest of the team.
- Demonstrate a holistic understanding of the technical needs of the project and provide solutions that look well into the future.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to other engineers and departments.
The ideal candidate:
- Has shipped three or more console or PC games as an engineer or equivalent
- Demonstrates a breadth of knowledge in all kinds of software engineering and game development topics
- Shows significant skill in C# or C++
- Has a strong understanding of memory management & performance
- Has excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates strong 3D math and logic skills
- Has experience working in Unity
- Experience programming for modern consoles
- Working understanding of game design
- Experience with git
- Experience building tools for creative teams
- Strong desire to build narrative games
NOTE: This is a remote position that requires access to a work computer. If interested, please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org.