We're looking for a Brand Manager to join our team.
About the job
We are looking for a Brand Manager, a marketing leader who is creative, highly collaborative, and has a track record for building impactful marketing initiatives grounded by data and insights.
You will report to the Head of Studio.
In the Brand Manager role, you will be responsible for developing and executing long-term strategy for Poncle and its games, developing the studio and game brands, and working with external professionals to craft go-to-market plans. You will work closely with the company founder to further define the studio values and brand voice for the purpose of cohesive internal and external communications.
Through implementing and managing the strategic marketing plan globally, you are aiming to sustain and improve user engagement through new acquisitions and returning active users. As a company we are interested in delighting players and ensuring they feel valued, part of the community, and respected for their investment in our work.
- Lead Poncle’s marketing efforts and a team of professionals by creating long-term strategy and brand identity to create a framework for executing on initiatives proactively.
- Create systems and processes for managing marketing and PR opportunities and any tasks that fall under the umbrella of communications for both game projects and the studio at large. This includes ensuring that objectives are met in a timely and expertly executed manner either personally or through delegation to members of the communications team.
- Identify the tendencies of the market (trends, competition, and best practices) and use data from reviews and community interactions to make recommendations to position the product from a marketing perspective.
- Identify player audience segments and develop and execute initiatives to address them.
- Develop positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation to inspire consumer engagement and increase market share.
- Ensure a cohesive voice and approach across channels.
- Work with developers throughout the development process to ensure that there is consistency between the game content and brand strategy.
- Lead the marketing aspects of the business plan and contribute to launch timing and product lifecycle planning.
- Lead event strategy along with a team of marketing and communications professionals to determine the best use of marketing spend across industry events (Gamescom, PAX, etc.) and other entertainment events (ComicCon, film festivals, etc.).
- Analyze marketing activity and provide analysis that celebrates successes and identifies areas of improvement.
- Work with external professionals (PR, business operations) to manage partner marketing initiatives, including 1st party partner promotions/featuring, co-marketing deals, and more.
- You are a proactive problem solver, identifying opportunities and risks and building strategy and tactics to address.
- Experience working with international marketing teams and/or experience with delivering on marketing goals in multiple international regions.
- Extensive experience in developing, defining, and shaping a brand’s identity
- Extensive experience within the marketing ecosystem with the knowledge, motivation, and drive to quickly understand new markets and adjust to changes in their dynamics and competitive landscape
- Skilled in analytical and critical thinking with the ability to make data-driven recommendations and decisions.
- Expert in end-to-end marketing campaign development from idea conceptualization, budget planning to campaign execution and post-campaign data analysis
- You have a solid pulse on what is relevant in culture and can understand how to incorporate into an overall marketing plan
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to champion initiatives
- A track record of success in relevant work experience in marketing, with focus on brand marketing, partnership marketing, social media marketing and influencer marketing.
- While a business or marketing degree will be useful, we are more interested in how your experience prepares you for this role.
- Deep understanding of the gaming industry is highly preferred.
- A passion for video games!
- Alignment: Lawful Evil
- Competitive basic salary (negotiable based on experience)
- Competitive bonus package
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays
- Additional holidays over Christmas
- Remote working
- Must be available during GMT/BST standard working hours for this role
Poncle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our team. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Brand Manager? Then we'd love to hear about you!
A solo-dev's stroke of luck somehow turned into a 15-person game dev adventure! We make allegedly fun games. For fun.
(But really, we only made Vampire Survivors).
Mow down thousands of night creatures and survive until dawn! Vampire Survivors is a gothic horror casual game with rogue-lite elements, where your choices can allow you to quickly snowball against the hundreds of monsters that get thrown at you.