Puny Astronaut is looking for a Junior QA Tester to join our team in Dundee! The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make an important contribution as part of a supportive and driven team. You will help in ensuring our ambitious titles meet world-class standards, beginning with our debut title, Skye Tales.
- Take a thorough and proactive approach to testing at every stage of development, from prototype through to gold master
- Test across multiple platforms, from high-end next-generation hardware, to low-end current generation
- Coordinate with our test lead to establish testing requirements
- Communicate with the development team to identify and track issues
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Sound knowledge of correct testing practices and procedures
- Jira or similar Issue tracking software experience
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine or similar game development engines
- Great communication and team working with game developers from all disciplines
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, and can work well as part of a team
- An enthusiasm for games, and an ability to familiarise with different forms of gameplay quickly
- We believe in having a healthy work life balance so we try to always ensure we work a 9 - 5 workday whenever possible
- We believe creative collaboration is at the heart of great experiences, so you will have lots of opportunities to contribute to development discussions
- Our bespoke office is located in the newly developed Water’s Edge building overlooking the city’s quay at the heart of Dundee
- You will have the opportunity to work on both current and next-gen platforms
- Our team loves to play board games, but we do lots of other things too both in and out of work for everyone to get involved in
- We often organise out-of-office events such as game nights and dinners
Puny Astronaut is currently working remotely to ensure our team is as safe as possible. We will be returning to our Water’s Edge studio only once we are confident it is safe to do so.
How to Apply
Please send the following materials to email@example.com
- Your C.V.
- A short cover letter introducing yourself.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Working at Puny Astronaut
We’re a team of imagination-driven artists, designers, and developers who put our heart and soul into everything we make! We want to bring joy to players of all shapes and sizes with cheerful, innovative, and accessible games.
We’re based in the sunny city of Dundee, Scotland, a cultural hub buzzing with creative energy. Our office is in Water’s Edge, a new building on the waterfront designed with creativity in mind.
Being a part of Puny Astronaut means that you will have a voice to contribute meaningfully to every project we work on. Each of us not only strives to produce our best work, but to help those we work with do so as well!