We are looking for a Lead Unity Developer with experience in multiplayer, in-game voice chat, and media processing, for short-term (FT/PT, 2-4 months - contract extensions a possibility) development work / on-demand development consulting for tele-therapy application.
Technical experience (required):
- Minimum 5 years professional experience working with Unity and/or AWS
- Bringing an application from prototype through beta to wide production release
- Multiplayer P2P architecture (Photon Unity Networking, other)
- Voice chat and/or programmatic manipulation and synch of Audio/Video
- Excellent software architecture and problem-solving skills (naturally)
- Promoting performance on a wide variety of system specs via efficient / sensible code
- Server-less architecture and development (AWS, other)
- Tenacious solving of uncommon and obscure problems
- Manage development tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- Coach team members on what you know
- Participate in product architecture and code reviews
- Develop and follow game design and technical documentation
- Guide project roadmap for scalability, security, and privacy compliance
- Design and recommend systems for HIPAA and PIPEDA compliance
- Proactively imagine, design, and implement novel features
- Multiplayer w/voice chat (Photon Unity Networking + Photon Voice) - requires performance optimizations, bug fixes, and scalability design / implementation
- Video recording/playback (third-party dll’s + custom code) - requires performance optimization and bug fixes short-term, server-less architecture for scalability long-term
- API / DB layer (AWS) - requires experienced and/or quick-learning developer to assist in scaling architecture
- Existing development team with Unity, React, and AWS experience - seeks a solid addition to the team to add development capacity, seasoning, and mutually beneficial camaraderie
About Puppet Academy
Puppet Academy was developed with a child’s development in mind. In today’s world, a child is easily distracted and can have trouble communicating and processing all the cues around them. Our founders have spent years teaching children how to focus and learn in challenging environments. Puppet Academy was developed by a speech-language pathologist and an educator with over 70 years combined experience in helping children develop their cognitive, communication, critical thinking, and creative skills now and for the future.
Years of development have led to Puppet Academy… a powerful interactive digital tool that engages families, teachers and health professionals to collaborate on accelerating positive outcomes. By giving kids the tools to actively plan, create, team, perform and share their puppet shows, they develop healthy digital habits that can be transferred off-line building stronger skills for the future.
Whether virtual, face-to-face, or in a multiplayer environment, Puppet Academy is an easy, fun, and educational tool to engage children in creating, teaming and performing their puppet show.