Ramen VR is looking for a Community Manager who is passionate about player communities, brand communications, and customer support. As the Community Manager for Ramen VR, you will lead the growth and relationship management of the community across social platforms, serve as the voice of the brand, and be an advocate for our players.
- Be the “Voice of the Community” by providing weekly community feedback reports by performing user research and sentiment analysis.
- Manage and grow all our social media channels including email, Discord, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Build our influencer/streamer marketing campaign by working with creators to build viral video content.
- Maintain constant visibility on the community to relay meaningful feedback on sentiment, suggestions, and concerns.
- Support the live operations of Zenith: The Last City through writing and editing public-facing messaging tailored to our audience.
- Own and drive the short and long-term community strategy, translating strategy into plans of action, and setting clear goals and objectives.
- 3+ years of experience in a community management role.
- Previous experience with user moderation in a digital/online environment, including experience working with forum, live chat, or other game mastering tools.
- Appetite for all things digital and social, up to date on the latest platforms and technologies, as well as a desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement in cultural trends.
- Experience running social media campaigns and managing content pipelines.
- Demonstrable experience managing and growing a community, preferably on Discord.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- An obsession with VR and video games.
- Experience and/or knowledge of streaming games is a major plus.
- Experience working fully remote, and working with smaller teams.
- Ability to produce and edit video content.
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Ramen VR was started in early 2019 in the Bay Area by Andy and Lauren, gaming tech engineers with decades of combined experience at Google, Unity, OpenFeint, and some very successful mobile and social games.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time.
We believe great games change the world for the better. Great games inspire creativity, teach grit, and most importantly, build community.
Why Work At Ramen VR?
- Create the next reality. Every startup claims they are changing the world. How often do you find one that's building an entirely new reality? Also, we're such a small team, that you'll be working from and learning directly from the founders every day.
- We Love Games. Have a favorite game coming out? Take a day off on launch day. We'll even buy you the deluxe version of the game. Play the game, and just do a short write-up to teach us what you learned. Want to attend PAX or E3? Once a year, we'll schedule a corporate trip for anyone who wants to go and hang out, while working together.
- Work Remotely. Need to walk the dog, take care of your kids, or just want to live where you are? Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Company Game Jams. About once per quarter, travel somewhere in the world with us, and live in a big house together for a week, all expenses paid. Spend time working , playing games, exploring a new country, and growing together.
The world of Zenith crawls with monsters that have been empowered by a dark and mysterious god -- but glory and treasures await those brave enough to unveil Zenith's mysteries.
Experience action-packed combat as you battle monsters that know how to dodge your blows and respond with ferocity. Forge alliances in guilds, join epic raids and world events, and blaze a path to become the most powerful Agent Zenith has ever known.