Rara is a well funded startup with an ambitious mission to make game creation accessible to everyone. We are creating an exciting new way to build, share and play games entirely through your phone.
We're looking for a Senior Programmer with strong gameplay and AI experience to join our team in an individual contributor role.
What we offer:
- Full remote team - work from anywhere
- Set your own hours - no core hours
- A small team working on a first of its kind product
- Work with a team that’s built category defining games like Subnautica, Terraria and more
- Design and implement core gameplay and AI systems from start to finish
- Wear many hats as a skilled technical generalist
- Pitch ideas and rapidly prototype them
- Write clean, performant, well-documented code
- 7+ years of experience with Unity or comparable engine
- Deep knowledge of C# and data driven design
- Built and shipped games in the past
- Rapid prototyping skills
- Driven, passionate, self-starting, creative problem solver
- Fluent English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Built and shipped your own indie title
- Experience with procedural content generation
- Experience with mobile focused development and optimizations
- Experience with multiplayer and networking
- Have fun. Games are fun, magical, and delightful. They make us laugh, cry, shout and pull our hair out. Take pleasure in what you do. Build, play, experiment, break things. Have fun and it will shine through the product.
- Lean into discomfort. Everything in the company (including its humans) are perpetual works-in-progress. Experiment rapidly, fail quickly but keep forging ahead. Only by going out on a limb will we innovate. Only by not being scared of failing will we succeed. Challenge yourself, challenge others, challenge the status quo. Playing it safe will get us nowhere.
- Embrace diversity. Everyone has a unique story, a unique background, a unique perspective. Celebrate and embrace differences. Create spaces that are inclusive, vibrant, playful, engaging and creative both within and outside the company.
- When in doubt, build. When not in doubt, build. We are all builders. Focus on showing not telling. A duct-taped prototype is better than a slick presentation. Iterate your way to a solution.
- Inspire creativity. We are a vehicle for creative expression. Every decision we take should be to empower creators and enable them to bring their visions to life. The ability to create is a superpower and the world is a better place with more superheroes in it.
How to apply?
Send us an email with your CV, github, portfolio or anything you want to share. Tell us about the things you've built!