We're looking for a Senior Unity Programmer with strong gameplay experience to join our team.
Why should you apply?
Rara is a well funded startup with an ambitious mission to make game creation accessible to everyone. We are creating an exciting new way to build, share and play games entirely through their phone.
You’ll get a competitive salary plus equity in the company.
You’ll work alongside a small and amazing team who have worked on category defining games like Subnautica, Terraria, Universim, Rise of Industry and more.
You'll be a core part of the founding team and get significant say over the future and direction of the product.
You can work from anywhere. We are remote-first, our team is currently distributed across 4 continents.
- Design and implement core game systems from start to finish
- Build and implement social features
- Wear many hats as a skilled technical generalist
- Pitch ideas and rapidly prototype them
- Write clean, performant, well-documented code
- 4+ years of experience with Unity
- Deep knowledge of Unity and C#
- Strong gameplay experience
- Built and shipped games in the past
- Experience implementing AI based gameplay
- Rapid prototyping skills
- Comfortable with git and version control
- Fluent English written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about usability and user experience
- Driven, passionate, self-starting, creative problem solver
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience with multiplayer and networking
- Experience with graphics and shaders
- Experience with building in-game virtual currency, reward systems
- Have fun. Games are fun, magical, delightful. They make us laugh, cry, shout and pull our hair out. Take pleasure in what you do. Build, play, experiment, break things. Have fun and it will shine through the product.
- Lean into discomfort. Everything in the company (including its humans) are perpetual works-in-progress. Experiment rapidly, fail quickly but keep forging ahead. Only by going out on a limb will we innovate. Only by not being scared of failing will we succeed. Challenge yourself, challenge others, challenge the status quo. Playing it safe will get us nowhere.
- Embrace diversity. Everyone has a unique story, a unique background, a unique perspective. Celebrate and embrace differences. Create spaces that are inclusive, vibrant, playful, engaging and creative both within and outside the company.
- When in doubt, build. When not in doubt, build. We are all builders. Focus on showing not telling. A duct-taped prototype is better than a slick presentation. Iterate your way to a solution.
- Inspire creativity. We are a vehicle for creative expression. Every decision we take should be to empower creators and enable them to bring their visions to life. The ability to create is a superpower and the world is a better place with more superheroes in it.
How to apply?
Send us an email with your CV, github, portfolio or anything you want to share at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about the things you've built!