As a 3D Artist (f/m/x) at Rare Earth, you’ll be a key contributor to creating and influencing the style and look of extraordinary multi-platform co-op games enjoyed by a diverse audience of players on next-gen PC, console, and cloud gaming platforms.
With your strong portfolio of modelling, sculpting and texturing work you’ll be a major contributor to the overall look of our future games, primarily designing, modelling and texturing assets, working in coordination with our Art Director and other artists on the team, as well as guiding junior artists.
You should enjoy setting your own goals and taking responsibility for achieving those goals We are particularly looking for a candidate who enjoys setting their own goals on schedule.
You must value collaboration, camaraderie, and a team-first approach to every discussion. Your experience will help make tough art style decisions easier, inspire the other artists on the team, and contribute to improving the visual fidelity of everything we do.
You should have..
- 3+ years of commercial game development experience within a 3D game production.
- Experience modelling and texturing a variety of characters and assets for a large 3D open-world environment.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates a level of mastery in 3D art and design. (Animation and Rigging experience a HUGE plus).
- Experience with tools like zBrush, Substance Designer/Painter, and others, plus a willingness to learn new tools.
- Experience with 3D packages such as Maya, Modo, Blender, and others, plus a willingness to learn new tools.
- Familiarity with major commercial games engines (we work with Unreal Engine 4).
- Great communication skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively on shared projects, for example: supporting other artists and designers to create character design, level design, and level construction.
- A friendly, collaborative, no crunch work environment with a sincere, enthusiastic group of people who love making our own games together.
- A 38.5 hour work week w/ 25 paid vacation days + an additional 10 (on average) paid public holidays annually.
- Product ownership and the freedom to experiment, learn and grow in other specializations.
- Flexible core working hours and the freedom to manage much of your schedule and time.
- Profit sharing participation.
- Small quality of life perks like free coffee, teas, fruits, swag, and more.
- By law we are required to list the minimum gross yearly salary for this position of €35.252,00, as defined by the nationwide Collective Bargaining Agreement for IT employees (“Einstiegstufe ST1”). The actual salary can be higher and is negotiable dependent upon your work experience, capabilities, and qualifications. Let’s talk!
- Relocation is provided.
Interested in applying?
Rare Earth Huh?
We’re a small development studio headquartered in Vienna, Austria creating our own original games for next-gen PC, console, and cloud-gaming platforms.
We’re working in Unreal Engine 4, each of us carry multiple roles and responsibilities, are extremely hands-on and collaborative in everything we do, and strive to be as transparent as possible as often as possible.
Our office language is English (with German tossed in during personal conversations), our coffee is craft, we do not crunch, our games are all years in the making, and we’re a proud member of the Amplifier Game Invest and Embracer Group family of studios.