As a Sr. Software Engineer (f/m/x) at Rare Earth, you’ll be a key contributor in developing extraordinary multi-platform co-op games enjoyed by a diverse audience of players on next-gen PC, console, and cloud gaming platforms.
You should be a T-shaped Sr. Software Engineer with years of experience in commercial game development, ideally with a deep knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and C++, and in your past work have dug deep into game play, networking, and tool chain systems design and engineering.
You must value collaboration, camaraderie, and a team-first approach to every discussion. Your experience will help make tough product decisions easier, inspire the other developers on the team, and contribute to improving our internal code quality and processes.
You should have..
- 5+ years of commercial game development experience and/or have shipped commercial PC, Console, and/or Mobile games.
- High degree of experience and fluency with C++, complex code bases, platform optimization, version control systems, and continuous integration.
- Deep experience in fast-paced, networked multiplayer game development, ideally with UE4. Cross-play, multi-platform experience a huge plus.
- Flexibility and a high Emotional Intelligence Quotient. You will work in a collaborative environment, often times with differing opinions and approaches.
- The confidence to own critical aspects of the product, while maintaining an ability to both take, and give, productive feedback and ideas into consideration.
- A “T-shaped” mentality and approach to your daily work (meaning, you have deep knowledge and skills in particular areas of specialization, however you’ve maintained the broad desire and ability to make connections across different disciplines).
- A friendly, collaborative, no crunch work environment with a sincere, enthusiastic group of people who love working on original games together.
- A 38.5 hour work week w/ 25 paid vacation days + an additional 10 (on average) paid public holidays annually.
- Product ownership and the freedom to experiment, learn and grow in other specializations.
- Flexible core working hours and the freedom to manage much of your schedule and time.
- Profit sharing participation.
- Small quality of life perks like free coffee, teas, fruits, swag, and more.
- By law we are required to list the minimum gross yearly salary for this position of €49,910.00, as defined by the nationwide Collective Bargaining Agreement for IT employees (“Regelstufung ST2”). The actual salary can be higher and negotiable dependent upon your work experience, capabilities, and qualifications. Let’s talk!
- Relocation is provided.
Interested in applying?
Rare Earth Huh?
We’re a small development studio headquartered in Vienna, Austria creating our own original games for next-gen PC, console, and cloud-gaming platforms.
We’re working in Unreal Engine 4, each of us carry multiple roles and responsibilities, are extremely hands-on and collaborative in everything we do, and strive to be as transparent as possible as often as possible.
Our office language is English (with German tossed in during personal conversations), our coffee is craft, we do not crunch, our games are all years in the making, and we’re a proud member of the Amplifier Game Invest and Embracer Group family of studios.