As a Technical Animator, you will have a lot of autonomy and freedom to establish your technical vision for the animations of Project W. We are looking for someone who is able to create AAA quality pipelines, tools and rigs for animation. We have state of the art pipelines and tools, including an Xsens suit and AAA facial mocap solutions!
- Create AAA quality rigs for the characters and creatures of the game.
- Setup high quality animation blueprints inside Unreal.
- Setup all the characters and monsters in UE5 (physics, rig...)
- Work with the game director to establish the best animation pipelines, including keyframe, mocap and facial animations (we are doing the mocap in-house with either Vicon for cutscenes or Xsens for gameplay).
Skills Required :
- You have a deep understanding of human anatomy and have a pronounced artistic vision when it comes to technical animation.
- You are fluent in Blender / Maya / 3DS Max and are able to produce your own rigs and import them into Unreal Engine.
- You are curious and always look out for new tech to improve the quality and efficiency of your animation workflow.
- You are able comfortable working with AnimBP and physics inside UE.
- Experience with the new control rig system of UE5 is a strong plus.
- Experience with creating animations directly in Unreal is a strong plus.
- You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona it's even better).
- You need to be fluent in English; speaking French is not required.
- Proven portfolio of AAA quality technical animations setup]
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5.
- A previous experience on a shipped AAA title is appreciated but not required. A great portfolio can make up for it.
Practical info :
- You are ideally able to relocate to Montpellier, France. Sandfall offices are located rue Bourrely, just near the city center, in a hub with 5 other companies, all working in entertainment!
- We're open to either permanent contract or freelance.
- Salary depending on experience
- Relocation assistance
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are a fun and ambitious bunch, focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles. We are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D third-person turn-based JRPG-inspired game with a realistic fantasy art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5. The game will immerse players into an original world mixing fantasy and European "Belle Époque" art influences. Prepare for an epic single-player narrative-driven adventure.