Skyhook Games is seeking a Producer to manage the development process of both internal and work for hire projects, from initial concept design, through to final commercial mastering or client sign-off. You will work closely with all disciplines within the studio, taking responsibility for ensuring that the highest standards of game production are met and exceeded.
- Defining the development path & schedule for each project.
- Agrees tools and production methodologies with the Development Director/Project Manager
- Setting and tracking of deliverable milestones.
- Conducting milestone reviews and agreeing milestone sign off with line manager.
- Advises Project Managers of the schedule, delivery dates, milestones, budgetary and resource requirements/changes.
- Responsible for ensuring a common focus and direction exists within the team.
- Identifies/resolves conflicts/issues between programming, art, music, gameplay to ensure the project remains within technical, schedule, cost and quality parameters.
- Collaborates with Product Manager to ensure project matches expectations and achieves maximum potential.
- Directing/initiating production methodologies to be used in delivering the project.
- Agrees design document with department leads and delivers it within time, quality and cost parameters.
- Ensures project meets with up to date QA guidelines and that QA understand all relevant project related issues and that QA process is executed as effectively and as efficiently as possible.
- To ensure that major project milestones are reported as correctly as possible on development related reports and that any milestone movements or budget changes are reported to the relevant line manager as soon as possible.
- Frequent development team liaison
- 3+ years professional games industry experience.
- Must have produced several successfully released games titles.
- Project management
- Negotiation Skills, diplomacy.
- Team Management
- Administration (detail conscious). Methodical.
- Excellent time keeping. Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Chairmanship of development meetings.
- Excellent Communication/Presentation skills (Verbal and Written) to the internal team and external partners.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Be self-motivated and proactive as well as working under guidance and as part of a team.
- A passion for all forms of games.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback
- Experience with Jira and Confluence, or similar
- Source control experience (SVN)
- Experience with or playing Simulation Games
- High quality projects delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensuring good commercial relationships are maintained with external developers and outsourcing partners at all time.
- High morale within internal/external teams and service providers.
- We will need to see examples of your work when applying, so please link to any released games, demos or projects that you'd like to show us.
- The role will initially be a remote position, but ideally once we return to the office we would like the successful candidate to work in house in Liverpool.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK, we are not able to offer sponsorship for this position.
- The role can be full time or contract.
- We are not looking to speak with recruiters at this time.
If you think you meet the requirements and are interested in applying for the role, please send CV and links to relevant projects to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Skyhook Games
Skyhook Games is an expanding independent games developer and outsource studio founded in 2014. We are based in the 'Baltic Triangle' area of Liverpool, home to a large number of games studios. Like many other companies we are now working remotely and loving it.
We provide high quality 2D & 3D art services to the video games industry across current and next gen titles. We have over 450 experienced freelance artists on our ever expanding database with skills in; environments, vehicles, characters, animation, concepts, plus in-engine placement and optimisation. We have experience in all major engines and industry software.
We are also currently developing our own game for PC and console backed by a leading UK publisher. Due for release early 2021, we intend this to be the first of many new IPs for our studio.
Come and be part of our talented team..!