Skymap is hiring a Producer to work alongside our development teams in creating (and completing!) high quality video games. In this role you will communicate with team members and project stakeholders to make plans, measure progress, and mitigate risks. You will join a growing production department at a pivotal time, as we develop and implement communications and planning processes for use on all our projects. We are seeking thoughtful, detail-oriented team members who will help us complete projects on-time and on-budget.
DEI Principles are important to us, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work autonomously to drive your projects forward - staying self-motivated, and motivating others
- Develop a deep understanding of a project’s needs, goals, and risks
- Create and maintain project materials, including task lists, schedules, budgets, documentation and reports
- Prioritize work effectively, keep the team focused on achieving the project’s goals, and help drive decision making
- Measure progress against established timelines, budgets, and task lists
- Lead regular project meetings and conversations to check in on progress, identify and resolve issues, and get developers collaborating
- Give clear visibility to studio leadership on project progress, and be a knowledgeable resource they can turn to for questions and updates
- Communicate with clients to convey progress and status, hear concerns and expectations, and represent our team’s needs
- Help our developers stay committed to values of healthy and sustainable work practices
- At least 1 year of work experience in a production / project management role
- Familiarity with the basics of game design & development teams, and how they work together to make games
- Comfort in spreadsheeting software such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Comfort in at least one piece of task tracking software, such as ClickUp, Jira, or Trello
- Organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to stay self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Work availability within Skymap’s core working hours of 10a – 4p ET (GMT-5
- Experience working as part of a game development team, especially in production or project management
- Familiarity with – or experience working in an environment using – a project management workflow such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, or Waterfall
- Experience supporting a live piece of software, such as a live service game
- Experience with video game porting workflow, including release management experience
Full-time salaried (Anticipated $60,000 - $70,000 depending on level of experience)
Equal Employment Opportunity will always be a fundamental principle at Skymap Games, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, traits historically associated with race, such as natural and protective hair styles and hair texture, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by local, state and/or federal law.
The Skymap Games Equal Employment Opportunity standard applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Skymap is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Should you need any special accommodations to participate in the application process, such as assistance in completing the application, accommodations for the interview, accommodations for any job-related employment tests, and/or any other needed accommodation, please let us know at the time of application, or at the time an appointment is scheduled. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
All applicant information will be kept confidential according to state and federal EEO guidelines.
Skymap is a game development studio based in Manchester, NH. Founded in 2013, Skymap develops its own original titles and partners with other studios to help promising projects realize their full potential.
With a staff of 30+ employees, 50+ shipped titles, and deep experience, Skymap's team brings tremendous capability to their projects and clients.
- Providing opportunities for employees of Skymap to contribute to our games and culture at any level of the organization.
- Hiring folks with a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills, and strong technical fundamentals. We want to work with people who are kind and helpful.
- Employees are a culture add, not a culture fit. Diversity is strength.
- Most positions are fully remote.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and dependents.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and term life insurance.
- 401k with matching.
- 4 weeks paid time off, sick leave, and holiday policies.
- Paid professional development time.
- Employee run and company funded committees for social events, charitable causes, etc.
- Process for employees to create and pitch original projects within the studio.
- Strong work-life balance and anti-crunch policies.
*Not all benefits are available to part-time employees.