We’re looking for a Lead Game Engineer to help craft a new game at Snowman.
You’ll be joining a small, but world renowned team where you’ll work closely with our Studio Technical Director to set the standard for all technical work on a new title, and take responsibility for developing the skill set of the programming team to hit our artistic and game design goals.
The perfect candidate has a senior-level technical and game development background.
This is a full-time, onsite position in downtown Toronto with occasional opportunities to work from home. Due to COVID-19, this position will be temporarily remote until our office re-opens.
- Exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication and management skills.
- Deep understanding of optimization, performance and profiling tools and strategy.
- Report to studio Technical Director and ensure that the game is being built with productive methodologies, solid coding practices, technical briefs and code reviews.
- Oversee and direct the game’s architecture and systems, including tool development, build pipeline, render pipeline, NPC behaviour, 3rd party integrations and menu/UI architecture.
- Works closely with other departments to define the technical requirements and restrictions for projects, including all technical architecture and process choices.
- Identify technical risks and develop contingency plans to put into place with the team.
- Take responsibility for recruitment, on-boarding, development and professional training of the programming team.
- Optimize code size and speed to take full advantage of the capabilities of mobile devices.
- Evaluate Unity systems and integrate 3rd party technology to our tool chain.
- Keep up to date with Unity advancements, and
- Define Unity upgrade schedule.
- At least 1 shipped title at a senior level position, preferably on iOS.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Unity engine.
- Proficiency in C#.
- Based in Toronto, or willing to relocate.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with shaders/graphics programming.
- An understanding of game design and game feel.
- Experience with iOS development.
At Snowman, we’re flexible on daily hours, working from home when required, and we’re not micromanagers—we want you to be empowered to make decisions on your own.
All qualified candidates must pass a technical test as part of the interview process for this position.