We are looking for a Unity C# Programmer who has a technical expertise to create high quality backend systems, but also work in a team environment where keeping deadlines and communication will be key. You will create systems and frameworks based on a design direction or a prototype implementation. Also getting an understanding of the current codebase, and improving it in major ways.
Some of the things you'll be working with:
- Gameplay Systems
- Saving/Loading System
- Advanced Boss Behaviour system with LUA
- Mod Support
- Advanced Input System for Controller, Keyboard.
- Pixel Perfection
- Some visual systems (like Skewed Dropshadow, Sliced Rumble Healthbar)
- Bug fixing, (Working with QA Reports)
- Adjust necessary systems for compatibility for porting in future.
- General C# Unity Programming
- Project timeplanning for programming systems
- You have an understanding of Big Boy Boxing and would be excited to work on it.
- You have excellent C# and Unity skills.
- You have excellent English communication skills, mostly in chat, but also by voice calls once in a while.
- You've worked on atleast one game together with a team before, that has been commercially released.
- You can use the basic features of GitHub, and Dropbox.
- You are comfortable working together with a designer, and add systems to support the design process.
- You are able to work during weekdays, daytime in Europe. Roughly around 9-17 CET Time. (Remote is fine, however if you are located in Göteborg Sweden, you are welcome to work in our office at Lindholmen.)
- Contract work, paid by the hour
- Possibility for full time contract after a few months
Big Boy Boxing is an upcoming game by Swedish Indie Game Studio Soupmasters. Big Boy Boxing is the energetic Boss Rush game inspired by the Punch-Out!! series, emphasizing fluid gameplay, slapstick comedy, and variety in abilities.
The project is funded by Joystick Ventures, making it possible for the game to become as knockout fun as possible!
The game is planned to be released around Q1 2024.