**This position has been closed.**
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a growing team on an exciting new project? Do you consider yourself a champion for the quality of products? Do you understand the unique challenges of testing video games?
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a QA Lead / Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for the development of our next project. You will help us take the project from prototype phase through beta, launch, and live support over a 3+ year timeframe.
We are looking for someone who can see the roadblocks presented to QA and relishes overcoming them. A person who can build, manage and maintain a diverse set of tools while building, mentoring, and managing a growing QA team. You will also be a partner with studio developers and partner teams.
What you will do:
- Mentor and motivate the team.
- Develop manual BVTs / smoke tests / buddy builds for clients and services
- Written & verbal communication
- Daily/Weekly reports that effectively communicate the test team’s status as well as game build quality
- Regular syncs with partner quality lead for test coordination & strategizing
- Creation & usage of data-driven dashboards/reports.
- Test ownership
- Dev support testing & bug investigations, including basic crash analysis
- Collaboration with partner quality team to ensure full test coverage of the game
- Develop automated tests using C++, C#, Unreal Engine 4 Automation & Gauntlet
- Develop automated load tests for backend services
- Create automated test coverage and quality metrics
- Written & verbal communication is key! You have the ability to communicate effectively throughout the studio and with partner teams
- Services experience
- Some experience with Games as a Service (GaaS) and/or basic understanding of services
- Some experience with leveraging various service environments for services testing (e.g. test/staging/production deployment environments)
- Strong collaboration skills with studio devs and partner teams; Experience coordinating with partner quality lead to distribute workload and strategically tackle quality challenges
- Ability to prioritize issues by severity & urgency considering context, with focus on players’ experiences
- Passion for impacting the game and influencing studio and partner teams to make sure the right bugs are fixed, and ability to effectively communicate/advocate this
- Familiarity with test data/telemetry, processes, and tools (e.g. bug databases)
- Basic data analysis skills; Able to continuously improve test strategies by incorporating latest data findings
- Advanced C++ or C# programming skills
- Skills in one or more scripting languages including PowerShell, bash, or Python
- Ability to present complex technical information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of successfully shipping software
- 3+ years of test experience
- Experience working in a milestone model (e.g. concrete deliverables that are delivered regularly)
- Strong experience with GaaS development
- Familiarity with Azure and PlayFab
- Visual Studio and Windows Development experience
- Linux Development Experience
- Strong experience with leveraging telemetry, tools, and automation to improve game quality
- Strong experience with using debuggers to provide devs with appropriate level of bug info
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply, or for more information!
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated indie video game company, is growing for an exciting new project! Stoic strives to create games that we can be proud of and that make a positive impact on our diverse audience. We value fostering a culture of creative fulfillment, diversity, inclusion, and personal growth.
Stoic is a creator of high quality games and entertainment, founded in 2012 by three industry veterans. Over the years we have completed the Banner Saga trilogy, grown our capacity, and embarked on an ambitious new project. The team believes in developing a work environment that encourages creativity and empowers its members to personal and professional development. We enjoy employment benefits including a variety of high quality Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, Disability, etc…), generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and Flexible Office Hours.